Hoarder changes?!?!

Why did it get the range increase instead of fixing the issue with it functioning correctly to reduce the rarity of items?!

Why would they change it like that?!

Or could they not fix it properly, so it gets a range increase instead?

If they couldn’t find a way to fix it, then how come they’ve been able to get Plunderer’s Instinct to work as intended for all these years?

Comments

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Why did it get the range increase instead of fixing the issue with it functioning correctly to reduce the rarity of items?!

    Why would they change it like that?!

    Or could they not fix it properly, so it gets a range increase instead?

    If they couldn’t find a way to fix it, then how come they’ve been able to get Plunderer’s Instinct to work as intended for all these years?

    I was thinking about that earlier. My guess is that it interacts with another mechanic in a way that was not intended, so they axed the rarity reduction on account of not being able to mitigate the hidden interaction.

  • What are you complaining about you entitled killer main? Why don't you want a perk that benefits survivors? Let those poor things have 2 extra chests with almost no drawback whatsoever

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Why did it get the range increase instead of fixing the issue with it functioning correctly to reduce the rarity of items?!

    Why would they change it like that?!

    Or could they not fix it properly, so it gets a range increase instead?

    If they couldn’t find a way to fix it, then how come they’ve been able to get Plunderer’s Instinct to work as intended for all these years?

    I just assumed they couldn't fix it quickly enough so changed it's functionality instead.

  • "HA! I can see you looting chests practically anywhere on the map now! Sure, I gave you 2 more chests to loot... and with Appraisal, technically 1 of you can search all 5 chests for 8 items... and you have a higher chance of escaping if one or more of those items ends up being a key... but I can counter this by using a VERY RARE OFFERING... that, actually shows up less often than the ultra rare offering I get... man..... ######### Twins? Why would you teach me this?" - Every Other Killer

  • @TWiXT said:

    "HA! I can see you looting chests practically anywhere on the map now! Sure, I gave you 2 more chests to loot... and with Appraisal, technically 1 of you can search all 5 chests for 8 items... and you have a higher chance of escaping if one or more of those items ends up being a key... but I can counter this by using a VERY RARE OFFERING... that, actually shows up less often than the ultra rare offering I get... man..... ######### Twins? Why would you teach me this?" - Every Other Killer

    exactly this, the new killer perk is actually a direct survivor buff lol. I'm actually more determined not to get the twins til this is fixed.

    they're just trying to erase their obvious **** up from the release notes because people arent getting the twins.

  • @Falkner09 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806360#Comment_1806360

    exactly this, the new killer perk is actually a direct survivor buff lol. I'm actually more determined not to get the twins til this is fixed.

    they're just trying to erase their obvious **** up from the release notes because people arent getting the twins.

    I really liked the info Hoarder was already giving me. But this was Previn knowledge that the reduced item rarity function would be fixed.

    Now i’m not so sure i’ll continue using it.

  • I didn't realize they removed the part where the rarity of the looted items gets affected. That... Really just defeats the purpose of the perk yeah...