the best survivor
Hi, I'm new to dead by daylight and I want to know which is the best character in the game.
Hi, I'm new to dead by daylight and I want to know which is the best character in the game.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Me
If you're new to the game, I recommend Feng Min, as she comes with what is arguably the best set of perks to learn with (as she gets a chase perk, a generator repair perk, and a vision perk).
Claudette is popular because her darker outfits allow her to blend in with a lot of shadowy environments (hence her "Blendette" nickname).
Kate and Ace tend to get a lot of love as well, as they have the most quiet breathing and injury sounds if you aren't running Iron Will.
At the end of the day, survivors are all just skins, and they can all eventually be taught any perk. Your best bet is to level survivors to 40 to unlock their unique perks, and then start dumping all your Bloodpoints into whoever you like the best. At minimum, I advise leveling Feng Min for Lithe and Dwight for Bond, as these two perks -- along with Kindred and Spine Chill (which are both in the common perk pool) -- will give you one of the most solid solo survivor builds.
thanks one more question and one that would be an advanced level by the time I know how to play?
I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking how long it will take you to learn how to play?
I'm sorry for how I reformulated the question, I wanted to say if when I know how to play well which survivor and killer would you recommend me so that I already know what to use in the future
For survivors, it's mostly a "play who you like" situation. The survivors I mentioned (Claudette, Kate, and Ace) have special significance because of built-in advantages that they can sometimes use. Veeeeeeeeery broadly speaking (and this is not a 100% ironclad rule at all), women tend to be smaller and louder, and men tend to be larger and quieter, which can have a lot of implications when hiding or juking the killer. I personally have leveled all survivors to 40 to unlock all perks, and my Kate and Claudette both have full perk inventories. I do not play any other survivor unless I need to for daily rituals or tome challenges. At the end of the day, the survivor you pick matters way way less than the perk loadout that you are using.
Killers are a different story; every killer has a unique power and set of characteristics, and you really should play a variety of killers to get an idea of what feels good to you (and also so that you can understand how the game looks to the killer, and what specific killers are doing to beat you as a survivor). The best killers in the current meta are:
I personally like playing Nightmare, Spirit, Doctor (who constantly reveals survivors and slows down the game a lot), and Ghostface (who can stalk survivors and down them in one hit, but has very poor mobility). Only you can figure out what killers suit your tastes, though. There are a few killers you should prioritize leveling for their perks: Cannibal (for Barbecue & Chili, which should be your single most important priority in the game as a new player), Clown (for Pop Goes the Weasel), and Legion (for Discordance). As you will soon discover, a lot of success and failure in this game revolves around your perk loadout.
Oh, and I should say: I recommend trying out Wraith as a basic "learning" killer. He's really not very good at higher ranks, but his power is straightforward and lets you sneak up on people easier, and he forces you to engage in the basic chasing game loop without having to lean on any fancy shenanigans.
thanks but one question the more perks I have a photo that I found in the forum and I wanted to ask you if those perks are good
That is a really old slide, and it's misleading in terms of what it's probably suggesting to you about some of those perks (although a lot of them are good!). Here's my opinion on those, though others may disagree.
Other survivor perks worth looking at are Spine Chill, Kindred, Bond, Decisive Strike, Appraisal, Alert, Deliverance, Quick & Quiet, Inner Strength, We're Gonna Live Forever, Unbreakable, and We'll Make It. I like using Lithe, Bond, Spine Chill, and either Kindred or Borrowed Time. Here's a handy list of perks and what they do: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Perks