Turning Camaraderie Into A Capable Perk(?)

I have a suggestion for Camaraderie, similar to how I had a suggestion for Babysitter earlier. Camaraderie certainly fulfils the niche of dying on the second stage of a hook, commonly used when a killer is either face-camping, or survivors are so pre-occupied with their own current objectives that they don't make it to the hook in time. As I previously said, this perk's use is another case of a one-time situation that really isn't all too common. However, I do think the perk could either benefit from a rework of its intentions, as well as / or accompanying it's original function.

Here is what I propose: Make it so that while the killer is within a certain range of your hook (16m perhaps?), your wiggle timer is slowed by 30/40/50%, or something like that. This would discourage the killer from camping, as it would give you an effective 30 extra seconds on the hook, meaning a possible 30 extra seconds of possible rescue [attempts]. That way, if a survivor walks within range of the hook, it will outright pause, and if the killer is still nearby, the survivor will still be granted extra time on the hook. Also, if the survivor happens to be the victim of the killer looping someone nearby, they have extra time on the hook from the "proximity camping." Both types of camaraderie, whether the killer or the survivor, would maintain your struggle. Given that the perk is only used for this one specific scenario, I feel like its power being upped would not destroy the balance of the game.

These are just my initial thoughts after about couple of minutes of thinking about the perk, but do tell me what you think about it!

Comments