Ghostface easter egg

On the newly reworked Azarov's Resting Place map, if you go into the office and take a closer look at the certificate on the wall, you can see that it is signed by Danny Johnson, which is Ghostface's real name. Pretty interesting detail.

easter egg 2 (2).png

It's kinda hard to read though.

Comments

  • The question is, what is the certificate for?

  • It's hard to make out, but looking closer it is most likely a certificate of participation.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802023#Comment_1802023

    What does it say at the bottom? Nat-something? Looks like Nat - something - ing. Donating maybe?

    It says national.

  • So it seems like it's a certificate of participation for participating in something national. I wonder what, since nothing else on it can really made out aside from that and the name.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1804810#Comment_1804810

    I wrote another comment but think it got deleted somehow maybe? Idk. Either way that makes more sense than what I thought and I think it's something from Ghostfaces past, hence peoples horror at finding out his psychopathic tendencies, like a hobby certificate prob.

    It does say in his bio I think that he had qualifications for his reporting gigs interview but no references available for comment making me think he forged things possibly.

    Might be. Since licensed archives were announced as likely coming in the future, and Ghostface was one of the more likely characters to get one since he is an original character using a licensed mask, he is likely to get archive lore sometime in the future.

  • Good catch! My bet for why there is a diploma of Danny in Azarov's Resting Place is that, lacking a map of his own, he travels different realms as he kills. And I think that Ghostface is the kind of person that would leave mementos from his past around, just to show off.

  • @Khorzad said:

    Good catch! My bet for why there is a diploma of Danny in Azarov's Resting Place is that, lacking a map of his own, he travels different realms as he kills. And I think that Ghostface is the kind of person that would leave mementos from his past around, just to show off.

    Nice theory! I also think that he travels between the realms and camps somewhere in a corner for a bit, similar to Clown but much more discreetly and for shorter periods, and then comes back from time to time. And I think that would be the best explanation for the certificate, but if not, it could also be that he and Azarov met at some point and it is something from the past.

  • @Pale_Maiden said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805561#Comment_1805561

    Nice theory! I also think that he travels between the realms and camps somewhere in a corner for a bit, similar to Clown but much more discreetly and for shorter periods, and then comes back from time to time. And I think that would be the best explanation for the certificate, but if not, it could also be that he and Azarov met at some point and it is something from the past.

    I thought about that idea, that the diploma was a result of a meeting in the real world between Azarov and Danny, but it kind of feels weird. Besides the timeline and locations, the issue is that I don’t know what a serial killer journalist would want with a mob boss or why that mob boss would have a random diploma of him in his office.

    The only thing that it occurs to me is that maybe Danny struck a deal with Azarov to hide the corpses of his victims, but that is still doesn’t make much sense, because Ghostface wants his victims to be found, so he can gain popularity.

  • Knowing Danny's ego though, he might just put that stuff up for himself on maps eh scored 4ks on...

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Knowing Danny's ego though, he might just put that stuff up for himself on maps eh scored 4ks on...

    I can imagine him doing that. Plus the Entity favors him so I can imagine it allowing him to do all sorts of stuff.

    As for the option of it being from Danny to Azarov, the events of Wraith's backstory should be in the seventies or eighties, judging from the license plates on autohaven, and Danny's are in 1993. As for location, Danny traveled a lot, so who knows. Maybe they interacted at some point, without their secret lifestyles being known to one another.