Was decisive strike designed to be an anti-tunneling perk?
I really doubt that, before the rework it was supposed to be a second chance perk after you get downed. I believe that maybe they wanted to keep the idea of escaping the killer's grasp, so they made it harder to do that (you need to lose a chase, get a hook, unhook and they have to pick you in 60 seconds).
So was it really designed as an anti-tunneling perk, or was it named like that by the community since survivors mostly activate it in tunneling situations?
Your thoughts? Let me know below.
Comments
Yes. Very, very clearly. It only activates after you have been recently unhooked and the killer tries to hook you again. In the rework announcement I believe the Devs specifically called out that it was designed to stop you from getting tunneled (or farmed).
Peanits confirmed not long ago that the developer team themselves didn't label it as an anti-tunnelling perk, the community did.
In my opinion, BT is more of an anti-tunnelling perk than DS.
Exactly two opposite answers xd
I didn't find anywhere in the blogpost that said 'anti-tunnel'
Thanks a lot! I appreciate it
I'll condense it: The developers have never made a statement specifically claiming DS to be an anti-tunnel perk. However, they did very clearly label it and anti-tunnel/anti-farm perk, and when you step back and look at the basic principle it becomes clear what it is intended to prevent.
Sometimes I think DS was designed around Meyers' perks rather than the game as a whole. Ds seems like it's the counter to old dying light.