The Meta
The Meta for this game is rather bland, as it's built up from perks that either grant second chances or have such a powerful effect that you can't win without them in most situations.
For instance, the Ruin/Undying Meta, the perks work in synergy, as the Ruin stays up past it's destruction, and totems grant wallhacks.
Or another example; the Unbreakable/Decisive Strike Meta, because each perk individually negates each other's downsides. (If picked up, Decisive, if slugged, rise)
The Meta is built from perks that work, which is somewhat disconcerting. Because the game is littered with so many useless or niche perks it's rather hopeless. Does anyone actually use insidious other than for camping? Does anyone legitimately believe that Sole Survivor is a good perk? Are there any Visionary stans?
We need a massive perk overhaul for both survivors and killer perks, to shake up the meta and to make the game more fun, so that every game isn't just "well I guess he has BT I lose", or "He brought NOED so I guess I lose." over and over and over again.
Please do keep in mind that this is an opinion, and I am not a professional, nor do I know the reason why these perks haven't been updated in the past. Criticism is welcome.
Comments
I use insideous in chases to make the person think they lost me and tgen surprise them when they double back for the gen. I think a lot of perks are underrated, and while there are clearly strong meta perks, a lot of perks can be useful, especially when you use them to compensate for something you're not good at. For instance, running agitation and mad grit on Freddy won me the match in a clutch moment yesterday because survivors thought they were going to mass body block me or bait me away from the hook. I downed 2 more people while the exit gates were open and ended up with a 4k when i was very close to only getting a 1k
This game needs to stop with the nerfs. Especially killer nerfs. Theres always a killer nerf or rework being done (like right now), while survivor gameplay and meta has been the same for a long time now.
I agree running ruin and undying on everything is bland, but just because its overused meta doesnt mean it needs an overhaul.
In any game the smartest thing to do for balancing is buff, not nerf, which I wish they would realize for this game.
I'm not saying that we need to nerf the current meta, rather I'm saying we need to buff or rework the bad perks.
If you make every perk bad the game suffers, if you make every perk good it opens the door to variety and possibility because people will find something that works, is fun, and won't cause them to lose a game because the opposing team brought their meta and you didn't
Do you know that the killer meta didn't change because nerfs, but because a new meta perk appears, don't you?