During cross-play, hits that seemingly should connect, don't.
This has been happening before and after disabling hit validation, and it usually occurs with players that have the globe next to their name.
I don't know how many hours I have, but I have a pretty good sense for when I'm within lunging distance, so usually, I swing when I know I will hit, but ever since I've activated cross-play it sometimes misses even though it looks good, sometimes it doesn't.
I thought this might have to do with me being on playstation 4 and going against PC players; their ping is usually 40-60ms and mine is 60-80. So, I turned off cross-play and played a few matches. I didn't see the issue when the survivor was running in a straight line and I was directly behind them.
However, it did happen when the survivor would quickly jerk left or right just as I began to lunge, causing the lunge to change directions abruptly, seemingly breaking my momentum - the game seems to try and correct for their movement or something. I've had this happen with cross-play on and off, so I'm not sure if these two issues are related.
Comments
It is likely the aim-dressing mechanic with a splish-splash of latency and ded servers messing with it.
I think this is correct... I rewatched some clips of people juking me, and my character seems to follow the survivor, but then snaps back to the original direction I was facing. If this is due to auto-aim, then the survivors are breaking auto-aim, just by zigzagging.
I call it losing hits to the "butt wiggle"
lol, the butt wiggle is kinda cute.
I took some videos and watch them a few times, even did side by sides, and it appears that the distance from the survivor for each attack is almost identical. But, PC players seem to move in ways that are pretty weird compared to the PS4 players I'm used to.