Matchmaking Troubles - New Player Perspective

I have no idea if this gets read by the developers or not, but I wanted to at least give you a perspective of a brand new player.

Jumped into DbD seriously only a few weeks ago and played survivor only until just a few days ago. Got super hooked with killers and have been getting around the 10 or so rank. Almost every night, however, I get grouped up with at least two or three red ranked players with someone in the 15's or so.

I know the first response is going to be, git gud, and yeah man, I'm trying. The frustration is that there is no middle ground. There is no natural learning curve where I can improve a bit, see mistakes, but still have successes. If you wonder why it takes you 10 minutes to queue every night as a survivor; this is it. Nobody wants to play killer if they're still learning the game. I -want- the game to be challenging, and I -want- to lose every so often. But getting constantly matched with red survivors as a middling killer sucks the fun out. I fully expect to have bad nights on equal footing, but when you're ten ranks off of the players you're against, it snowballs out of your hands insanely quickly. And I'm a pretty chill person, it takes a hot minute for the salt buildup. But it always gets there.

Something has to change on the matchmaking side, or you're not going to have anyone queuing as killer. I hate the idea of neutering anyones character, like with a handicap if you're red ranked vs. a green killer. It seems like it should be fixed before the match begins. Perhaps restrictions on party grouping so that you have to group +/- 5 ranks of you, or extending the queue times for unbalanced teams. I'm sure it's been discussed to death; but just wanted to shed some fresh perspective on it from a new killer player.

Comments