Perk Idea - Hex:Whack-A-Gen
(The name’s a joke. If this perk were released, a more serious name would be needed. Open to ideas!)
At the start of the match, a generator is blocked by the Entity and will have a white aura visible to the killer. After 45 seconds, the generator will unblock and a random other un-repaired generator becomes blocked for 45 seconds. This process continues for as long as the hex is active. Generators with progress are slightly/moderately/considerably more likely to become blocked.
Comments
An interesting concept, although I feel it should have an effect similar to Thrilling Tremors, in that it cannot block a gen currently being worked on.
I see where you’re coming from, but that’s actually what makes this powerful enough to be a hex perk.
1) It can halt progress on a gen for 45 seconds
2) Since higher tiers of the perk prioritize gens with progress AND the killer sees this highlight, he has a good indicator of where survivors are probably working a gen.
3) The killer can go investigate a far-away gen without fear of it popping as he travels there (unlike Discordance), shoo off or hit survivors, and then kick it after it unblocks.
I think it would be a solid perk that hurts late game when one of the last gens gets blocked. I like Checkmate or Intervention for the name
Ooooh I like those names! I’m a chess fan, so you had me at Checkmate, but Intervention is prolly more applicable.
I was also thinking something like Hex: Roulette
That's a hex that isn't worth running especially since it can prevent a 3 gen strategy