I hope DBD will not get a reward on steam this year.

As I love this game I feel like dbd don't deserve the labor of love award. We were promised about changes to a lot of stuff that would help a lot for a game health like:

  • Mories and Key Changes.
  • New Early Game Mechanic.
  • More perks reworks / buffs like Vigil, Small Game etc.
  • New Matchmaking System.
  • Updates for Pig and Myers.
  • More Graphics Settings.
  • Optimization.
  • And so on.

We didn't even see any progress of these stuff. Not even mention the event that was supposed to be a superior was a huge disappointment for a majority of people. It feels like the game didn't improved that much this year. I really hope that in next year DBD will be better and devs will finally start working on more healthy things for dbd and listen to the community. Thank you.

EDIT: The Unfinished and buggy DLC just proves my point that the game needs a lot of ''health operations''.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    Ive said it before and ill say it again, i love the concept of this game and maybe it started out as a deeply cared about project but as it stands I cant stand this game. The developers have directed us to other games if we arent happy, they have insulted and belittled people who criticize their game and dang it, this was a brilliant concept that got muddled by greed.

    That's 100% true. 😍🥰

  • The saddest thing is that they won't see/answer this post, and when they do a q&a we hear the famous meme "soon" or "no plans rn"

  • 4 years passed, still no proper graphical settings (i.e. AA. cuz default setting is REALLY AWFUL! S**TTY SOAP!). Proper hitbox/collision mechanics? But how many paid skins were added ? :D Ofc many.

  • @KateDunson said:

    The saddest thing is that they won't see/answer this post, and when they do a q&a we hear the famous meme "soon" or "no plans rn"

    Right? It's so annoying. Like what is the point of Q&A if most of the questions are not properly answered.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I find this to be a very saddening perspective.

    Sure, we all have our own personal ideas of what changes/improvements we’d like to see implemented.

    But I don’t pretend to presume how a game studio is run, or speculate on the multitude of challenges specifically related to DBD each employee at BHVR deal with on a day to day basis.

    Here are a few thoughts I will share from my collective wisdom being a borderline geriatric.

    • This game has come a long way. A HUGE way. From the large pool of perks, a growing roster of new killer powers, more maps, and changes to balance across a range of gameplay factors. None of these changes can be implemented without IDEAS. Ideas are only borne from thinking deeply and frequently about a concept (their product: DBD). People don’t expend that kind of mental energy on things they don’t care about. Anybody claiming that there is no labor of love from BHVR are fooling themselves.
    • For anybody continuing to play this game then it’s good enough, no matter how many different ways that player says “it’s not good enough”. If you play it, and play it regularly, that action alone says you’re happy enough with the current state of the game.
    • It’s madness to presume that due to long standing bugs persisting in this game that the devs don’t care, or can’t be bothered. Just go back and look at all the patch notes. You only need to look at a small number to see that the team that do bug fixes are extremely dedicated. Wherever a fix has been possible, they have implemented it. By that knowledge it’s reasonable to guess that these long running problems are still presenting significant challenges. Perhaps the range of fixes they’ve tested so far have caused more problems than they fix? Who knows. What I can safely presume is that they DO care, and they DON’T ignore bugs.
    • Lastly, I know for a fact that nothing demotivates anyone, and eventually leads to them giving up entirely, quite like a constant implied flood of “not good enough”. These forums, and social media channels, good grief, I feel TERRIBLE for the mods here. I’m sure there is a lot here the mods choose NOT to forward onto the devs because of how mentally damaging some of it would be. This constant implication of “the devs don’t care”, but then there is so much de-motivational stuff posted every minute that it doesn’t matter how resilient the people at BHVR are, they WILL eventually stop caring. If we want them to continue caring, we need to stop posting stuff that would lead them down a path of no longer caring.

    We say that the dev's don't care because they prove time and time again that they don't listen to the community. If the dev's cared about the community and the health of the game, they'd actually make good changes that a majority of the playerbase enjoy. But they don't. They just keep pumping out new cosmetics because it gets them money.

    I'll start saying that bhvr cares about the community when they give me a reason to think that.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1781992#Comment_1781992

    We say that the dev's don't care because they prove time and time again that they don't listen to the community. If the dev's cared about the community and the health of the game, they'd actually make good changes that a majority of the playerbase enjoy. But they don't. They just keep pumping out new cosmetics because it gets them money.

    I'll start saying that bhvr cares about the community when they give me a reason to think that.

    +1

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I find this to be a very saddening perspective.

    Sure, we all have our own personal ideas of what changes/improvements we’d like to see implemented.

    But I don’t pretend to presume how a game studio is run, or speculate on the multitude of challenges specifically related to DBD each employee at BHVR deal with on a day to day basis.

    Here are a few thoughts I will share from my collective wisdom being a borderline geriatric.

    • This game has come a long way. A HUGE way. From the large pool of perks, a growing roster of new killer powers, more maps, and changes to balance across a range of gameplay factors. None of these changes can be implemented without IDEAS. Ideas are only borne from thinking deeply and frequently about a concept (their product: DBD). People don’t expend that kind of mental energy on things they don’t care about. Anybody claiming that there is no labor of love from BHVR are fooling themselves.
    • For anybody continuing to play this game then it’s good enough, no matter how many different ways that player says “it’s not good enough”. If you play it, and play it regularly, that action alone says you’re happy enough with the current state of the game.
    • It’s madness to presume that due to long standing bugs persisting in this game that the devs don’t care, or can’t be bothered. Just go back and look at all the patch notes. You only need to look at a small number to see that the team that do bug fixes are extremely dedicated. Wherever a fix has been possible, they have implemented it. By that knowledge it’s reasonable to guess that these long running problems are still presenting significant challenges. Perhaps the range of fixes they’ve tested so far have caused more problems than they fix? Who knows. What I can safely presume is that they DO care, and they DON’T ignore bugs.
    • Lastly, I know for a fact that nothing demotivates anyone, and eventually leads to them giving up entirely, quite like a constant implied flood of “not good enough”. These forums, and social media channels, good grief, I feel TERRIBLE for the mods here. I’m sure there is a lot here the mods choose NOT to forward onto the devs because of how mentally damaging some of it would be. This constant implication of “the devs don’t care”, but then there is so much de-motivational stuff posted every minute that it doesn’t matter how resilient the people at BHVR are, they WILL eventually stop caring. If we want them to continue caring, we need to stop posting stuff that would lead them down a path of no longer caring.

    Actually... the fact that you play this game means you like the idea, not that you like how the devs are doing things.

    And it's not like that, "oh, if you keep saying that we don't care we will stop", this is not a free game you know? They are making money with it, so we, as purchasers are part of it. I can understand how damaging it is, I have made things for ungrateful peopple, but I didn't get a reward by it, that's a true "labor of love", if you do bussiness then that's a different thing.

    And as toxic as the community is, I do believe they are very patient with how BHVR's is doing things. When I came into the game, the first event was the BBQ event. I am sure it recquired a lot of work but. Why removing almost all existing events when they have already the codes? Would you call that a "labor of love"? Would you call a lavor of love to not refunding the Legacy cosmetic to those who own the game since day one when they said "we are trying to bring it back" for years but now they sudenly say "we can't do it"? Would you call a "labor of love" when they could have done a blood hunt during lockdown and they haven't? And yes, we ended having it but because the community pushed for it. So no, a "labor of love" is something that YOU do, not that you're FORCED to do. Another one. Would you call labor of love when in the free rift there are many tiers with absolutely nothing even supposed they could give a few blood points or shards?

    If it's a "Labor of Love" then why does the community needs to push those changes? Even infinites were changed due to community pushing it, not from behaviour's side. So yes, this is a Labor of love but for the community of this game that keeps pushing things, not from behaviour. Even the new upcoming perks are just bandaid fixes for in-game problems, like ruin as an example.

    So... now you're saying "Don't be negative?" if you do something it's because you care, a friend of mine recorded a wonderful video message to me even if I didn't ask for it, that's because he cares, now if I were the one saying "Could you make a message video to me?" and he agrees. Don't you think that I have every right to be angry when he made a promise to me that he didn't keep or he seems to have forgotten?

  • Unfortunately I have to agree. In games like league something op gets nerfed almost instantly. Keys and moris aren't even mentioned by the devs. We have no information and frankly this resulted in people not trusting the devs at all. I think the devs keep planning stuff that take time, and they want to both surprise us and make sure that the feature they've been working on is factional. Unfortunately this game doesn't need theories, but action.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Unfortunately I have to agree. In games like league something op gets nerfed almost instantly. Keys and moris aren't even mentioned by the devs. We have no information and frankly this resulted in people not trusting the devs at all. I think the devs keep planning stuff that take time, and they want to both surprise us and make sure that the feature they've been working on is factional. Unfortunately this game doesn't need theories, but action.

    That's true. I'm glad to see that the community doesn't have a blinkers 😍

  • Give the devs a break, the people in this community aren't exactly saints when they ask for changes. They are trying and honestly we need to try to change to help this community

  • @Thatgurl_again said:

    Give the devs a break, the people in this community aren't exactly saints when they ask for changes. They are trying and honestly we need to try to change to help this community

    Then maybe they shouldn't promise any things before they could had any progress over them?

    This kind of BeHaViouR makes just people disappointed.

  • This post aged well, especially after this cluster[BAD WORD] of an update.

  • This latest chapter just gives us more reasons why DBD shouldn't win an award this year.

  • @chieften333 said:

    This post aged well, especially after this cluster[BAD WORD] of an update.

    I'm just hoping that the devs will finally listen to the community and youtubers. Victor is still bugged as hell, new perks are still filled with bugs and overly this DLC feels like unfinished crap.

    @SnakeSound222 said:

    This latest chapter just gives us more reasons why DBD shouldn't win an award this year.

    Absolutely agreed.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1785396#Comment_1785396

    Then maybe they shouldn't promise any things before they could had any progress over them?

    This kind of BeHaViouR makes just people disappointed.

    This community is so [BAD WORD] ridiculous. They are never satisfied. They are working, they cant change everything but they are working on balance.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I voted Hunt:Showdown for their Labor Of Love. They Love their community, they never tell you to play something else, if something isn't balanced, they balance it.

    Bugs? Fixed within the week for both PC and Console.

    They have artwork contests for guns that they put in the game. I thoroughly enjoy Hunt:Showdown's Community.

    I understand a lot of people are upset with DBD right now but not much has been added to Hunt since it came out of EA so I dont see why it deserves that award either. A lot of people wanted more monsters/boss fights and less hackers but instead we got COD dual welding pistols and 100 some dollars of DLC cosmetics.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I voted DBD for the award, maybe I'm the only one.

    https://media.giphy.com/media/s239QJIh56sRW/giphy.gif

    🤨🤔

  • @Jed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1781868#Comment_1781868

    I understand a lot of people are upset with DBD right now but not much has been added to Hunt since it came out of EA so I dont see why it deserves that award either. A lot of people wanted more monsters/boss fights and less hackers but instead we got COD dual welding pistols and 100 some dollars of DLC cosmetics.

    The invisible stairs are gone, fixed.

    Invisible structures are gone, fixed. Took 2 weeks, compared to BHVR?

    They have community events.

    New traits and guns.

    Charity events.

    They've closed gaps between console and PC by removing Nvidia settings.

    They're removed aim assist to again close gaps between PC and console.

    Enemy camps bodies? Necromancer Perk.

    Enemy camps clues? Serpent perk.

    If this doesn't define a Labor of Love nomination, I don't know what would.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1782690#Comment_1782690

    I didn't say i did not understand him, but his first opening paragraph he speaks he admits he is guessing at all of this and that's why I turned it off. I know programming in basic, cobol, fortrain, c, c+, c++, java and many other languages as I have programed in them. I even have programmed in machine code and assembly and used a command line environment to program routers and other devices. so I understood what he was going to try to say, but when he admitted it's guess work I turned it off because it is not proof to have someone guess at what is happening.

    I rarely jump on the forums, but I felt like I needed to respond to you because what you're saying is suspect. I'm a Software Engineer, I don't think you are (or you're very knowledgeable) frankly. You might be super old school, especially since you mentioned languages no one uses from ~30 years ago.

    To be entirely transparent, I have ~15 years of experience with modern development (5 professionally) in C++, C#, PHP, Python, JS (node, frontend frameworks), Typescript, Visual Basic 6/.NET, Java, and F#.

    Here's what stands out:

    • "Fortrain" is Fortran. This is a niche language that was released 60 years ago and since essentially replace by Julia or Python for scripting purposes.It's also not OOP, so it's largely irrelevant in todays engineering.
    • Basic and COBOL are also old and are not entirely OOP (COBOL apparently added some support in 2002). Like 40 to 60 years old.
    • C+ isn't a language... It literally doesn't exist.
    • Assembly and machine code are both great concepts, but have little to do with modern code practices.
    • I'm not sure why you even mentioned command line environments. As an engineer, that's probably the last thing I would think of as something "impressive" to explain my credentials. I work in the command line pretty much all day in various Linux distributions and Windows (cmd, powershell)....


    I can't quote multiple of your posts, but they all have bad or odd information. Particularly, your rant on spaghetti code was interesting.

    "this is what happens here, for anytopic for the most part: disconnect penalty, the fact that killers are getting nerfed all the time or survivors are always nerfed and many other topics like this one and the dreaded "Spaghetti Coding" which is a term coined in the 70's and 80's for a programming style that is no longer even used. originally programs were written with number lines (like 10, 20, 30, 40 etc) and when you needed to add things you had 9 lines you could do it with and thus you end up having to redirect the program to lines far down the line and then make sure it returns to the right point."

    Spaghetti code absolutely is a thing today?

    The modern foundation of software design (OOP) is encapsulation, data abstraction, polymorphism and inheritance. If your objects are properly designed, they should not directly interact with other objects that are logically unrelated. That's why techniques and design patterns such as Dependency Injection are a standard.

    But I digress, the point is that not properly following these principles is regularly considered "spaghetti code".

    Also, using the Blueprints has other reasons that Scott didn't mention. There isn't a great VCS for Blueprints, which makes working in a team difficult. It's not just Scott that states using Blueprints for large portions of a game isn't viable.


    I'd respond even more, but I just wanted to point out some issues from your posts on "page 2" before others took you seriously.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788624#Comment_1788624

    The invisible stairs are gone, fixed.

    Invisible structures are gone, fixed. Took 2 weeks, compared to BHVR?

    They have community events.

    New traits and guns.

    Charity events.

    They've closed gaps between console and PC by removing Nvidia settings.

    They're removed aim assist to again close gaps between PC and console.

    Enemy camps bodies? Necromancer Perk.

    Enemy camps clues? Serpent perk.

    If this doesn't define a Labor of Love nomination, I don't know what would.

    People act like console players in DBD dont stand a chance against PC players. Yet you're praising Hunt Showdown (a competitive shooter full of one shot kills) for how they keep trying to close the gap between PC and console.🤭 Hunt came out of EA in February of 2018 and what you posted (and 100 dollars of cosmetic DLC) is all they have done. So yeah I don't think they deserve the Labor of love award either.

  • @Jed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1788957#Comment_1788957

    People act like console players in DBD dont stand a chance against PC players. Yet you're praising Hunt Showdown (a competitive shooter full of one shot kills) for how they keep trying to close the gap between PC and console.🤭 Hunt came out of EA in February of 2018 and what you posted (and 100 dollars of cosmetic DLC) is all they have done. So yeah I don't think they deserve the Labor of love award either.

    I'm a Nurse main, there is a huge gap between console players and PC players. I fully support closing gaps to make it fairer for both sides. So what Hunt's doing sounds great to me.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1789273#Comment_1789273

    I'm a Nurse main, there is a huge gap between console players and PC players. I fully support closing gaps to make it fairer for both sides. So what Hunt's doing sounds great to me.

    Yeah I'm not against them closing the gap in DBD or any game. Just saying its pretty much impossible for any competitive shooter to close this gap when its mouse and keyboard vs controller.

  • I see that this thread got pruned way to go mods it doesn't make you look desperate at all ;).

  • @PotatoPlank said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1782872#Comment_1782872

    I rarely jump on the forums, but I felt like I needed to respond to you because what you're saying is suspect. I'm a Software Engineer, I don't think you are (or you're very knowledgeable) frankly. You might be super old school, especially since you mentioned languages no one uses from ~30 years ago.

    To be entirely transparent, I have ~15 years of experience with modern development (5 professionally) in C++, C#, PHP, Python, JS (node, frontend frameworks), Typescript, Visual Basic 6/.NET, Java, and F#.

    Here's what stands out:

    • "Fortrain" is Fortran. This is a niche language that was released 60 years ago and since essentially replace by Julia or Python for scripting purposes.It's also not OOP, so it's largely irrelevant in todays engineering.
    • Basic and COBOL are also old and are not entirely OOP (COBOL apparently added some support in 2002). Like 40 to 60 years old.
    • C+ isn't a language... It literally doesn't exist.
    • Assembly and machine code are both great concepts, but have little to do with modern code practices.
    • I'm not sure why you even mentioned command line environments. As an engineer, that's probably the last thing I would think of as something "impressive" to explain my credentials. I work in the command line pretty much all day in various Linux distributions and Windows (cmd, powershell)....

    I can't quote multiple of your posts, but they all have bad or odd information. Particularly, your rant on spaghetti code was interesting.

    "this is what happens here, for anytopic for the most part: disconnect penalty, the fact that killers are getting nerfed all the time or survivors are always nerfed and many other topics like this one and the dreaded "Spaghetti Coding" which is a term coined in the 70's and 80's for a programming style that is no longer even used. originally programs were written with number lines (like 10, 20, 30, 40 etc) and when you needed to add things you had 9 lines you could do it with and thus you end up having to redirect the program to lines far down the line and then make sure it returns to the right point."

    Spaghetti code absolutely is a thing today?

    The modern foundation of software design (OOP) is encapsulation, data abstraction, polymorphism and inheritance. If your objects are properly designed, they should not directly interact with other objects that are logically unrelated. That's why techniques and design patterns such as Dependency Injection are a standard.

    But I digress, the point is that not properly following these principles is regularly considered "spaghetti code".

    Also, using the Blueprints has other reasons that Scott didn't mention. There isn't a great VCS for Blueprints, which makes working in a team difficult. It's not just Scott that states using Blueprints for large portions of a game isn't viable.

    I'd respond even more, but I just wanted to point out some issues from your posts on "page 2" before others took you seriously.

    Ok so i misspelled fortran in a tired and drugged state (pain killers) but c+ is a language that quickly morphed into C++. I worked in basic, machine, fortran and cobal in the 80's and 90's as I was going through aerospace engineering courses. I am not a software engineer but I have the experience in these languages and how they are programed. I do not dispute you credentials but C+ is a language that was a step from C and then stepped up to C++. I had books that were listing C+ and not c++ originally and they were respected publishers but I will admit that it could be that there was a difference in how one publisher called it and it was truly c++ but we are talking about late 80's and early 90's when I was learning basic programming functionality.

    Speaking of Spaghetti Coding I said it was a thing of the past becuase of the block or encapsulation style coding. people here want to say it is the cause of all the errors that they see in the game, you misread what I posted because I talked about how the spaghetti coding really came about in a very simplistic way because 1) most here do not understand what it truly is and 2) I do not have the EXTENSIVE experience in coding programs but I have done so in all the languages I listed. I do not see that just departing from programming standards makes spaghetti coding because the idea of it is that the threads of the program are jumbled and hard to track down. unless they decided to program in stream of consiousness most programs now even if there is a divergence you can follow it from one to the next and find the error if it is obvious.

    speaking to the video I did not comment on what blueprints were used for directly other than to agree that the devs have said they used it for parts of the game before, my issue is that he was making statements of "I think" and "I believe" and that made the use of it to prove spaghetti coding impossible because all he was doing was making postulations and moving to proof from there without any of his own. People take it as 100% proof positive because they want it to be and don't care for actual proof. As a programmer and software engineer, can you tell me I am incorrect in that a program does not have to have bad coding to crash? I mean if the video card passes bad information to the computer or the cpu gets distorted information because of mother board noise it is possible that the program could get a bit of data that it can not process and then crash? can that actually happen or is the program 100% protected from the computer hardware? this is where my argument lies that many people can have a program that works just fine and then suddenly someone has an issue, is it the program? or is it something else? could it be both? I think there is room to a say either one of the first two possibilities could be correct. However information must be gathered from those that have the error to examine what is actually going on yes?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I voted Hunt:Showdown for their Labor Of Love. They Love their community, they never tell you to play something else, if something isn't balanced, they balance it.

    Bugs? Fixed within the week for both PC and Console.

    They have artwork contests for guns that they put in the game. I thoroughly enjoy Hunt:Showdown's Community.

    Sadly the game is massiveley underrated and pretty unknown by many. The game is so great, already prestige 11 on it.

  • @Todbringer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1781868#Comment_1781868

    Sadly the game is massiveley underrated and pretty unknown by many. The game is so great, already prestige 11 on it.

    Yeah, you're right. The devs really put so much work into that game.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1789044#Comment_1789044

    Ok so i misspelled fortran in a tired and drugged state (pain killers) but c+ is a language that quickly morphed into C++. I worked in basic, machine, fortran and cobal in the 80's and 90's as I was going through aerospace engineering courses. I am not a software engineer but I have the experience in these languages and how they are programed. I do not dispute you credentials but C+ is a language that was a step from C and then stepped up to C++. I had books that were listing C+ and not c++ originally and they were respected publishers but I will admit that it could be that there was a difference in how one publisher called it and it was truly c++ but we are talking about late 80's and early 90's when I was learning basic programming functionality.

    Speaking of Spaghetti Coding I said it was a thing of the past becuase of the block or encapsulation style coding. people here want to say it is the cause of all the errors that they see in the game, you misread what I posted because I talked about how the spaghetti coding really came about in a very simplistic way because 1) most here do not understand what it truly is and 2) I do not have the EXTENSIVE experience in coding programs but I have done so in all the languages I listed. I do not see that just departing from programming standards makes spaghetti coding because the idea of it is that the threads of the program are jumbled and hard to track down. unless they decided to program in stream of consiousness most programs now even if there is a divergence you can follow it from one to the next and find the error if it is obvious.

    speaking to the video I did not comment on what blueprints were used for directly other than to agree that the devs have said they used it for parts of the game before, my issue is that he was making statements of "I think" and "I believe" and that made the use of it to prove spaghetti coding impossible because all he was doing was making postulations and moving to proof from there without any of his own. People take it as 100% proof positive because they want it to be and don't care for actual proof. As a programmer and software engineer, can you tell me I am incorrect in that a program does not have to have bad coding to crash? I mean if the video card passes bad information to the computer or the cpu gets distorted information because of mother board noise it is possible that the program could get a bit of data that it can not process and then crash? can that actually happen or is the program 100% protected from the computer hardware? this is where my argument lies that many people can have a program that works just fine and then suddenly someone has an issue, is it the program? or is it something else? could it be both? I think there is room to a say either one of the first two possibilities could be correct. However information must be gathered from those that have the error to examine what is actually going on yes?

    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but:

    • C+ was never a language. You can see a list of languages here (link). You can see the history of C++ here (link). The reason why there was no C+ (it was actually originally called C with Classes from 79-82) is because the naming is purposeful. The ++ symbol is called the increment operator, so C++ is supposed to mean "The next C++".
    • I appreciate the aerospace background, but that doesn't provide much cross-knowledge to modern development.
    • If you think that debugging code is simple in any way, you're extremely incorrect. The etymology of spaghetti code is irrelevant to modern standards. Spaghetti code has it's own Wikipedia page (link) that explains what it means.

    Quote: "Spaghetti code is a pejorative phrase for unstructured and difficult-to-maintain source code. Spaghetti code can be caused by several factors, such as volatile project requirements, lack of programming style rules, and insufficient ability or experience"

    If you watch the video though, Scott provides proof of why he states they use Blueprints. Blueprints are way less manageable compared to C++ code. Mclean also has a Twitch VOD that states they use Blueprints, but much less. Of course there's other factors that cause bugs, but historically BHVR has caused the same bugs to reappear in future patches. My educated guess is that they aren't properly utilizing VCS, QA cycles, and a proper UAT environment/system to ensure these bugs don't suddenly reappear.

    I entirely sympathize with the devs. It's likely they knew the patch was not ready to go live, but management pushed them to launch on schedule. Debugging is difficult and if the code is not following best practices, it's easy to create new bugs and also extraordinarily difficult to find/fix existing issues.

  • Remember console optimization was coming about 2 years ago when Legion was announced?

    Look at this now lmao. Their optimization was basically the new consoles. These devs don't deserve praise just yet.

1 2 ›