My analysis and idea to balance ragequits on surviver side

Hello, I am playing dead by daylight since october 2018 and I am a very big fan of this great game. I'm a red rank survivor (sometimes rank 1, but not always) and I always play it with my best friends after work or at weekend. We want to grind, to have fun and obviously to mess with the best killers. We have never been toxic, we just want to chill and enjoy this awesome game...

And then you start playing DbD on sunday, play 4 matches in a row and in the first 3 matches one of your survivor mates ragequit after being the first downed one. That really destroys the game for us. In those matches we just try to get as most points as possible, to rank up you dont need to survive. But when 1 or 2 mates ragequit at the beginning, the match doesn't make fun any more. Last night we had a match where the other 2 survivors ragequit the game after 30 seconds and the killer farmed blood points with us. That was nice and we loved him, but that is not the games intention. We want to play long chases, no matter if we get hooked or win the chase. We want to play as a team, and not as 3 after 20 seconds. The next gen consoles wait for us and you, devs, want to make DbD ready for the competition with all upcoming games. I really want to play this game at least more 3 years so here is my Idea to balance this problem:

When I started playing DbD, if a survivor quit the match while loading screen, the 3 survivors had to do 1 gen less. I know a bit about game developemend and considered if you could use this again. And here it is: when the match begins, a survivor ragequits/gets a dc and there are more than 3 gens left, the survivors would just have to do 3 gens, not 4/5. Just to make sure you understand: I dont want the last 2 generators being done when a survivor quits when there are just 2 or 3 generators left. But when a survivor ragequits before 2 generators are done, you most likely dont have any chance to win the game. The killer has too much options to take the safe win (camping/tunneling someone, the 2 left survivors cant deal 4/5 gens in this tame / just patrolling the gens / and so on). I dont want survivor gameplay to be easy, I need the competition. The fair competition. I love DbD more than any other online game (and I played games like Fifa, League of legends for years). But in every PvP game, let the gameplay make much fun, but when the simple system of team 1 vs team 2 doesnt work because one team is missing a player, the game is broken.

Dear Devs, DbD is my favourite game and I love playing it for hours with my best friends. Every online game has problems with ragequits. But not every online game has the opportunity to balane ragequits. In this post I showed you an example how you COULD balance this, maybe you have another idea, but DbD is a game where you can balance ragequits. Please consider taking my idea, or changing it if you see some balance problems which I cant see because I didnt develope this game. But this is your chance to change something and do a smooth swap to the next gen consoles.

Dear players, dear Devs, thank you very much for your attention.

Comments