Characters' Unique Perks should start at Tier 3
I didn't know whether this belonged in Balance Feedback or here, but since it's not technically a 'balancing' thing, I decided to post it here in General Discussion.
So what I mean by unique perks starting at Tier 3, is that the Teachable Perks that each character has, should start off as a Tier 3 perk for that character.
Take for example, if I were to use Hillbilly, he has his three unique perks already unlocked; Enduring, Lightborn, Tinkerer.
If these perks are unique to the character, and to be taught to the other characters, why shouldn't the character who the perks belong to, have the perks at Tier 3 always?
Then there'd be Meg for example. She's an athlete, she knows how to run. So why is her Sprint Burst Tier 1, where it takes her a full minute to recover from the resulting exhaustion so she can do it again?
If these perks are taught by a Killer or Survivor to others, why isn't the teacher already at their highest proficiency with their perk?
I have The Cannibal at Level 36, one level past unlocking BBQ & Chili. But BBQ & Chili on my Leatherface, is still a Tier 1 perk. It doesn't make sense that his unique perk is still Tier 1, or why it wouldn't be Tier 3 to begin with. As would be the case for every other Killer.
I have The Shape at Level 48, and Dying Light is still only Tier 2, while Save The Best For Last is still Tier 1.
Yet in the meantime, The Trapper has all three of his perks at Tier 3, and so does The Nurse. They are Level 46 and Level 48 respectively.
I think this would solve the problem of 'killer's/survivor's unique perks are still Tier 1 at Level 50' and allow players to experiment more with a Killer's or Survivor's unique perks at the peak of their power, without having to sink tons of bloodpoints and levels into them, only to end up not even getting Tier 2 on a specific unique perk.
Killers and Survivors should have their unique perks maxed out from the beginning.
Whether the character is first used, or been prestiged with all perks bar uniques wiped, their unique perks should all start at Tier 3.
Comments
sounds to me like a lot of the either or choices were skilled on the original perks , that or you have one hell of a pool of teachables . Reason I say this is a new player that starts with their first killer or survivor should and usually does get level 3 by 50 . now if you have all the killers at 40 with all their perks unlocked you increase the original pool size and watering down so to speak the ability to get certain selective perks to 3 by 50 . But if im not mistaken the original perks have a much better chance to appear in the bloodweb for that character .