DC Penalty Time Progression?

Just wondering how much time the matchmaking ban gains for each DC, or in tonight's case, the game just crashing over and over. I'm up to 15 minutes now and just wondering what it'll go to next. If it's a big jump I'd rather just give up and not get like a 24 hour ban just because the game is crashing. It's pretty awesome being punished for DC'ing when I've quite literally never DC'd from a match ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Comments

  • I don't know if they will let us discuss it or not; but you should probably hop off for the evening. Not just for your teammates sake, but because the regression of it also takes longer and longer.

    Last I tested it when it was new, it was like 5 min, 15, min, 30 min, an hour, and then it starts growing very rapidly into very long lockouts; but if you make it to say an hour long lock out but you DC again like 24 hours later it might be a 30 minute lockout or so again because it regresses slowly.

    So best to just leave it for the evening at the 15 marker or the 30 minute marker one I find.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't know if they will let us discuss it or not; but you should probably hop off for the evening. Not just for your teammates sake, but because the regression of it also takes longer and longer.

    Last I tested it when it was new, it was like 5 min, 15, min, 30 min, an hour, and then it starts growing very rapidly into very long lockouts; but if you make it to say an hour long lock out but you DC again like 24 hours later it might be a 30 minute lockout or so again because it regresses slowly.

    So best to just leave it for the evening at the 15 marker or the 30 minute marker one I find.

    Thanks for the info! It's really too bad they're not able to distinguish between a DC and the game crashing. I want to love dbd, but sometimes it's just difficult lol

  • @JesseJH28 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779621#Comment_1779621

    Thanks for the info! It's really too bad they're not able to distinguish between a DC and the game crashing. I want to love dbd, but sometimes it's just difficult lol

    The thing is, if they would only punish for the "Leave Match"-Button, players would just Alt+F4 out of their games. And even if they would punish for everything except for connection loss due to internet issues, players can get out of their games for free by just pulling the plug.

    So they have to include everything, otherwise players who want to DC will have a free pass to do so.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779626#Comment_1779626

    The thing is, if they would only punish for the "Leave Match"-Button, players would just Alt+F4 out of their games. And even if they would punish for everything except for connection loss due to internet issues, players can get out of their games for free by just pulling the plug.

    So they have to include everything, otherwise players who want to DC will have a free pass to do so.

    That's valid, I hadn't really considered any of that I guess

  • @JesseJH28 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779633#Comment_1779633

    That's valid, I hadn't really considered any of that I guess

    Yeah, it is kinda annoying that players who suffer from game crashes at some point (not regular problems, those should be tried to fix on the players end, if possible) will get punished, just because other players tend to DC when the game does not go their way.

    But it is for the better, when the DC-Penalty was disabled, there were a lot of DC - Survivors DCing on their first down or because they did not like the Killer, Killers DCing when two Gens got done or when they load in on a Map they dont like.