Enviroment and individal debuffs & buffs

I've noticed certain areas in the game maps that would suggest various types effects, like temperatur, movement changes, visual changes, etc. I think adding these sorts of things would not only make maps more interesting, but it would also have an actual effect on how people would have to play the game, as there were suddenly more things to keep in mind.

Areas that would be difficult to move through or that which would slow one down, absolutely should. These areas could be but not limited to; cornfield, swamp, thick grass, basically anything that would impede movement.

I think temperature absolutely also should be affecting the survivors, like if they're in a wet or cold area this, the survivor should begin to freeze which should be audible, where moving for a while or standing close to a heat source would remove the freezing debuff. But the freezing debuff should also affect running speed and possibly also other mechanics. Likewise standing close to a heatsource for too long would make the survivor heat up, which obviously should also affect, I think the vision should become slightly blurry and the survivor should become exhausted as well when it happens, moving away from the heatsource will remove the debuff after some time.

Furthermore, I think they really should implement a stamina system, so survivors can't just keep on running. The current exhausted mechanics should also apply a slight movement speed penalty. A survivor being injured should also be slowed slightly. The stamina system would certainly put the whole chase without end back into perspective.

Comments