Hillbilly Chainsaw Jank / Rift Task Frustration

It took me a good 20 matches to find a bunch of friendly Survivors who kindly let me hit them 7 times with Chainsaw for this god awful rift task:

image.png

Hooray for that being out of the way but omg. Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to aim the Billy chainsaw to the comparatively easy-mode that Bubba possesses?


The jank is seriously strong with Billy's setup. I mean ######### is he using to calibrate his machinery a rock? lol. I've always thought of Billy to be more of an intellect than Billy but with his rig it's like I'm wielding a sack of angry cats.


Seriously Billy never used to be this hard. What's up people?

Comments

  • You just gotta be patient with the saw. It's definitely not easy but backrevving ppl isn't hard once you get the hang of it. Also you've got to be rlly familiar and good at curving and playing loops without an antiloop to get consistent chainsaws. Not easy for ppl who aren't used to him, but once again once you learn it it's pretty easy.

  • I feel like these challenges were designed around old billy who didn't have a overheat mechanic hindering him.

    With the overheat mechanic matches usually end before you will ever be able to get 7 chainsaw hits(Not even considering that 4 saw hits usually wins you the game in their own right).

  • @CorneliusCloud said:

    Took me 2 matches ^^

    Luckely i had a few Elementary scool offerings. There isn't much space to duke.

    The only special thing i did was to not hook anyone. I camped downed survivors but also let them heal when i got a new one.

    I didn't think of that. What I did in the end was just down a survivor, dribble them till they got free in hope they got the hint I wasn't going to kill them. Took a good 20 matches of that till I found one with survivors of enough intellect to figure that out lol.

  • @CorneliusCloud said:

    Took me 2 matches ^^

    Luckely i had a few Elementary scool offerings. There isn't much space to duke.

    The only special thing i did was to not hook anyone. I camped downed survivors but also let them heal when i got a new one.

    I did what you did and just went around downing people and not hooking them. It was hard playing with headphones unplugged tho...

  • I honestly thought this challenge would be a cake walk, and when I stopped getting awful trials it was, but I genuinely got a series of phantom saws against good survivors and it almost broke me. The one time I actually try to get 7 saws (which usually happens naturally, because I basically only play M2 Billy) and I get bugs on bad maps on good survivors. And also I magically forgot how to curve, but that actually wasn't that big of a deal because I was getting Hold-W trials.

  • Took me 1 match but I used to main Billy so that is the difference.

    I rarely M1 with him, I can curve as well so it wasn't that bad.

  • Phantom saws and hitboxes are still a massive problem that they still haven't fixed in over 4 years, yet they found the time to kill his animations and camera, and give him a bunch of unnecessary fluff and add-ons that turn him into a joke killer. Smooth, BHVR. Very smooth

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    I feel like these challenges were designed around old billy who didn't have a overheat mechanic hindering him.

    With the overheat mechanic matches usually end before you will ever be able to get 7 chainsaw hits(Not even considering that 4 saw hits usually wins you the game in their own right).

    Overheat mechanic doesn't affect you to get 7 chainsaw. I got 9-10 on my first game.

    The difference between old and current billy is that he is VERY clunky and buggy.

    Obviously they hard nerfed his addons. And again, you can hit easily 7 chainsaws in one game if you're a decent billy.

  • @CorneliusCloud said:

    What is a phantom saw? ^^

    There's an issue with the Billy (which is as old as time), basically when you saw someone there is an animation that plays as you cut through them, sometimes you'll be close enough to the survivor that you should hit them but it'll drop the saw, play the animation and nothing happens to the survivor.

  • dude it easy just back rev them