Personally here Is how I would go about keys

Keys.. Obviously keys are great when there in your pocket and you didn't leave them in your house and accidentally lock yourself out.. I hope you haven't done that.. Have you.

Anyways I wanted to talk about how I would change keys and their add ons (I'll explain why). To attempt to make keys a more enjoyable experience rather than a alternatite win condition.

My idea is shifting keys focus of being solely used for hacth into doing cool stuff with auras. I dont want to drone on too long too my reasoning why but basically I am making keys have a effect during the macth (without add ons) and nerfing the whole.. Unlocking thing (it may sound scary but of you look below you should see each of the changes I made to the keys.

Broken key: (uncommon) 20 seconds of use.

While channeling reveals auras of survivors in 24 meters

Cannot be consumed to open blacklocks.

(note the broken key now does something a little useful than being doo doo)

Rusted key (rare) description: a volitile key rusted by the fog while it can fit in a lock it simply would break.

25 seconds of use

While channeling When nearby pallets and vaults in a 24 meter range their auras will be reveled

Allows the key to Automatically channel while in a chase.

Cannot be used to unlock blacklocks.

Notes: it can't unlock blacklocks because its rusty and will snap sorry.

Designed to help newbies at the game when they don't have Kate.

Don't hold while injured you'll get tetanus.

Dull key (very rare): 15 seconds of use.

While channeling Allows you to see the the Killer's aura in a 32 meter range

Cannot unlock blacklocks unless you are the last one in the trial.

Notes: it's got built in blood Amber and a longer duration but now can only unlock hacth if you are the last one alive.

And Finnally the Skeleton key. 3o seconds of use.

While channelling hides your scratch marks.

Can be consumed to open blacklocks only when all gens are gone.

Notes: removed problems of having to worry about only 4 gens getting done by just making it only allow to unlock hacth via key.

Will do something during the macth to keep in line with other keys

Duration has stayed the same.

And now I've got the main bulk out the way onto the add ons (keeping things short and sweet I've only listed add ons that I would change.


Eroded token.

New effect: Moderately increases key efficiency (-25%) item depletion speed

Simular to reatardent jellys effect on maps.

Gold token.

New effect

Considerably increases key efficiency (-50%) item depletion speed.


Blood Amber

New effect: tremendously increases key aura reading range (+32 meters)

Considerably decreases key efficiency (+50 %) item depletion speed if any auras are reveled

Adds 15 seconds of use to the key.

Milky glass.

New effect.

When near a chest milky key option will appear

Allows key to instantly unlock one chest at cost of consuming the key

Item spawned will be of rare rarity or higher.



Anyway that's my ideas all I wanted to share hope I've made a well actual enjoyable key thread.

Comments

  • some effects are too strong as base kit, imo aura reading and effects should be locked to addons used otherwise you can have like 3 aura effects for keys and while that is a nice buff imo it's not the way to go about it. also hatch and key interaction itself needs a rework as instant escapes are one of the things that makes keys so unfair.

    your ideas are kinda hard to read use this format next time you do something like this.


    Addon/item: description

    • effects listed separately


    Lastly i also made a full key rework yesterday it covers hatch interaction, new chest mechanic, key and addon changes, and perk changes. I'd appreciate your feedback on it https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208357/my-full-key-rework-idea-what-do-you-guys-think-of-it#latest