Stop the Birthday Entry Step

Why have that extra step when visiting the site? It's not confirmed and no one will put in an underage date.

Comments

  • I think it's mandatory. like, websites KNOW people lie with these, but they HAVE to have them

  • Its a legal requirement, i think it would be enough to just have a button promt.

  • I mean, it's not really a hardship to just enter a random day. But I agree that it's also not an effective way of keeping minors out.

  • it dumb sometime but I understand why they do it still dumb.

  • It stops no one and is frankly an unnecessary and off-putting inconvenience

  • While I would be happy if it would go away, it is there for legal reasons. A confirmation like that is what the Devs (or owners of a website in general) can do to assure that they have done everything possible to make sure that the audience who looks at this site is old enough to do so.

    Of course everyone can just enter whatever they like, but that is not the business of the website-owner.

  • Pretty sure it's for legal reasons. Would be nice if it'd remember the birthday instead of re-entering it every visit.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    While I would be happy if it would go away, it is there for legal reasons. A confirmation like that is what the Devs (or owners of a website in general) can do to assure that they have done everything possible to make sure that the audience who looks at this site is old enough to do so.

    Of course everyone can just enter whatever they like, but that is not the business of the website-owner.

    No, it is not "everything possible" and is "everything unnecessary" for a horror game that doesn't decapitate anything so 6-yr olds can play. Just get rid of it, the birthday "confirmation"

  • In a horror game that ruled out decapitations so 6-yr olds could play, birthday confirmation on each visit to their website is ridiculous and utterly annoying. It does nothing. I throw in numbers and it prevents nothing.

    I suspect one of four things will happen:

    1) I keep at it until it goes away

    2) I keep at it and the devs will keep it out of spite

    3) The community is going to press you to stop

    4) Devs won't stop out of spite