What will come of Clowns Add-ons?

This is a question we all know Clown is getting reworked and buffed I'd expect C tier similar to Doctor and Bubba. But what do you think will come of his add-ons? State how you think the power will be changed and how the add-ons compliment it. Or simply say what add-ons are gonna go and which will stay.

Comments

  • I think clown 🤡 is losing that exhaustion addon!

  • I can confidently say that I think Red Heads Pinky Finger should be changed.

    I don’t think it should expose anymore. What I’d like to see is that it causes Oblivious, and a survivor remains Oblivious until either injured or downed (whatever comes first). It would make for a great change up of “run n gun”. Get a few survivors oblivious, then catch them out shortly afterward when they least expect it. Remove the direct hit requirement for this add on too.

  • @Clevite said:

    I think clown 🤡 is losing that exhaustion addon!

    I hope not as having to use exhaustion perks early against him to avoid that add-on is a good thing for him to have.

    Having a killer punish greedy exhaustion plays is ok to have on a few killers.

  • @Clevite said:

    I think clown 🤡 is losing that exhaustion addon!

    He won’t. Maybe reduce its severity. But it won’t go. Clowns only means of pressure is ending chases fast. Thus exhaustion perks hurt Clown a little more than other killers that have other means of pressure or distraction.

    So Solvent Jug won’t go. They just might reduce it from 30 seconds seeing as there is also now Mindbreaker and Blood Echo also available.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771069#Comment_1771069

    He won’t. Maybe reduce its severity. But it won’t go. Clowns only means of pressure is ending chases fast. Thus exhaustion perks hurt Clown a little more than other killers that have other means of pressure or distraction.

    So Solvent Jug won’t go. They just might reduce it from 30 seconds seeing as there is also now Mindbreaker and Blood Echo also available.

    Well there's a possibility that it could go.Doctors exhaustion addons got changed with his rework as well

  • I have absolutely no idea about the addons but i just hope they will be super fun and encourage different playstyles like blights addons do

  • I hope they nerf the Kerosene Can, absolutely overpowered addon, worse than the Mother-Daughter Ring. :^)

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771078#Comment_1771078

    Well there's a possibility that it could go.Doctors exhaustion addons got changed with his rework as well

    Doc wasn’t harmed by that change though. He can already deny pallet drops and vaulting, and madness causes survivors to waste LOADS of time.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771095#Comment_1771095

    Doc wasn’t harmed by that change though. He can already deny pallet drops and vaulting, and madness causes survivors to waste LOADS of time.

    But survivors can still somehow dead hard his shock.

    And i don't know,maybe his rework will be that good that he doesn't need this addon anymore

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771110#Comment_1771110

    But survivors can still somehow dead hard his shock.

    And i don't know,maybe his rework will be that good that he doesn't need this addon anymore

    Possibly.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771069#Comment_1771069

    I hope not as having to use exhaustion perks early against him to avoid that add-on is a good thing for him to have.

    Having a killer punish greedy exhaustion plays is ok to have on a few killers.

    I have no facts, all speculation.

    But I am guessing that since they originally countered perks that automatically rechargeed even while sprinting, and they redid maps, and tested no bloodlust, that exhaustion addons are next.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771075#Comment_1771075

    I have no facts, all speculation.

    But I am guessing that since they originally countered perks that automatically rechargeed even while sprinting, and they redid maps, and tested no bloodlust, that exhaustion addons are next.

    Eh given the devs track record of suddenly changing directions and also removing Doctor's iri king exhaustion effect long before doing any of those...

    Who really knows but I do feel like the exhaustion add-on is one of the things that helps keeps the clown semi relevant and special as he is the only killer in the game with an AoE exhaustion perk denial now that Doctor lost his.

    It would be funny though if he lost the add-on but a 10 second exhaustion debuff became baseline on his bottles though.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I can confidently say that I think Red Heads Pinky Finger should be changed.

    I don’t think it should expose anymore. What I’d like to see is that it causes Oblivious, and a survivor remains Oblivious until either injured or downed (whatever comes first). It would make for a great change up of “run n gun”. Get a few survivors oblivious, then catch them out shortly afterward when they least expect it. Remove the direct hit requirement for this add on too.

    That actually goes with his lore in a way. He like his prey to be unawares.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771154#Comment_1771154

    Eh given the devs track record of suddenly changing directions and also removing Doctor's iri king exhaustion effect long before doing any of those...

    Who really knows but I do feel like the exhaustion add-on is one of the things that helps keeps the clown semi relevant and special as he is the only killer in the game with an AoE exhaustion perk denial now that Doctor lost his.

    It would be funny though if he lost the add-on but a 10 second exhaustion debuff became baseline on his bottles though.

    Baseline exhaustion debuff would be pretty broken,imo

  • Personally I think when the devs are done reworking the Clown he will be such a beast at base that he won't even need any addons.

    As for the effects of his reworked addons:

    I'm fairly sure his addons will affect gen repairs, healing or windows because the devs really seem to love giving reworked killers their teachable perks in form of an addon.

    Imagine this:

    Addon 1 (based on Coulrophobia): Survivors hit by the gas suffer a 50% healing penalty for 60 seconds.

    Addon 2 (based on Bamboozle):

    Windows within the gas radius will be blocked by the Entity for the duration of the gas.

    Addon 3 (based on Pop):

    Regressing generators within the gas radius will lose progress 25% more quickly.

    @TheClownIsKing what would you think about this?

  • I'd love an addon that teleported him to where his bottles land

  • Clown snorts a bottle to become blight

    Clown: uncontrollable laughter

    clown:Gets behind survivor

    Honk honk🤡

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Personally I think when the devs are done reworking the Clown he will be such a beast at base that he won't even need any addons.

    As for the effects of his reworked addons:

    I'm fairly sure his addons will affect gen repairs, healing or windows because the devs really seem to love giving reworked killers their teachable perks in form of an addon.

    Imagine this:

    Addon 1 (based on Coulrophobia): Survivors hit by the gas suffer a 50% healing penalty for 60 seconds.

    Addon 2 (based on Bamboozle):

    Windows within the gas radius will be blocked by the Entity for the duration of the gas.

    Addon 3 (based on Pop):

    Regressing generators within the gas radius will lose progress 25% more quickly.

    @TheClownIsKing what would you think about this?

    I’m not too sure about this, despite what the devs did with Nurse, Bubba, and Billy. Clowns perk effects would be difficult to incorporate into add ons.

    A Coulrophobia like add on stacked with the perk Coulrophobia would be pretty broken. Anytime Clown approaches survivors attempting to heal, the healing action would stop entirely (100% reduction).

    I DO however like the idea of a bottle thrown at a vault ahead of a survivor being blocked by the entity. If that existed then I totally wouldn’t mind if Solvent Jug lost its exhaustion affliction.