Billy at his heyday

https://youtu.be/xIuJ9pMEMbw

The video says everything. Just look at the chainsaw cooldown and at the charge time, and how the add ons actually did matter. And this is even on Lery's, not the best billy map, imagine if it had been on rotten fields.

AFTER HAVING SEEN THE VIDEO, the question now is: after considering his actual strength before the nerf, his ability at countering looping, his power overall, were the devs right at nerfing him so much without anything back?

Comments

  • The add-ons rework was great, gave him a lot of interesting add-ons and nerfed the insta-charge billy, some add-ons changes are questionable (why Junkyard Air Filter better than Pighouse Gloves? Why does the Tuned Carburetor reduce your speed to 110%?) but overall was great.

    But the Overheat Mechanic is awful, absolutely disgusting.

  • @Pior_Morte said:

    The add-ons rework was great, gave him a lot of interesting add-ons and nerfed the insta-charge billy, some add-ons changes are questionable (why Junkyard Air Filter better than Pighouse Gloves? Why does the Tuned Carburetor reduce your speed to 110%?) but overall was great.

    But the Overheat Mechanic is awful, absolutely disgusting.

    So it's a yes. Btw the tuned carburettor turn you into a 4,4 killer, the worst possible thing ever

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1769817#Comment_1769817

    So it's a yes. Btw the tuned carburettor turn you into a 4,4 killer, the worst possible thing ever

    4.2 = 105% 4.4 = 110% 4.6 = 115%

  • Justified? No, of course not.

    However when discussing the actual quality of his rework I think it's solid enough, overheat does jack-######### in most matches and I personally liked his Addon pass (sans the Pighouse gloves and Tuned Carburetor of course). It would've been better if they'd improved some feature of Billy to compensate, like the old spark plug being built in, but ah well, it's par for their rework course.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm not sure what this video is supposed to prove. It's titled "Busted Billy" and shows a player destroying a survivor team at five gens. Is that meant to show that Billy was in a balanced state before?

    I don't like some of Billy's new add-ons and I do think that Behaviour could have done a better job with them. Still, nerfing his charge time add-ons in particular was a good change in my opinion. As for overheating, it's a mechanic that I only rarely find myself fighting against when I play Billy. The one clear exception is if I'm running engravings, so I rarely run those now.

    Billy is still an above average killer and can make extremely good use of the Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer meta, especially with the Apex Muffler. I don't think he's in a bad place now at all.

    It was balanced before, these were just bad survivors. The cooldown of the chainsaw was shorter, so you had to leave the gen before billy was right on your back. Tuning guide + Thompson mix made the cooldown of the chainsaw acceptable, so cutting distance was actually a viable thing. You still couldn't mouse 1 or do anything for 2 seconds, but you could start moving immediately basically. Now what? Trash add ons not consistent, overheat mechanic for no reason ( no good survivors will get downed in less than 30 seconds or get all slugged so "huh overheat mechanic or billy op) never ever, even in dead zones you could force billy to m1 and waste ton of time to split pressure; curving mechanic nerfed; cooldown after a chainsaw hit also slower, all nerfed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1774850#Comment_1774850

    It's fine to think he was balanced before, but this video is not evidence to support that.

    I've said my piece on Billy; I think people are overreacting to the changes. He's still good. I wasn't aware that they changed the curving mechanic at all or increased the cooldown after a chainsaw hit - can you link me that? The wiki has nothing on it and I don't see anything in the 4.1.0 patch notes.

    You clearly don't play billy or know how hard it can be to get a chainsaw hit. But let's talk of ideas not people. The cooldown not can't be reduced (no add ons), it is different from what it used to be, tuned carburettor doesn't count for fast charge, or mother's pillows.

    3 seconds of full cooldown is now, before with Thompson mix and tuning guide was 2,2 seconds, I counted the seconds. Much faster

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1776907#Comment_1776907

    His base cooldown is the same, though. His add-ons were just nerfed because they were very strong before. His base kit is very similar to before, just with the possibility of overheating now, but overheating when you're not using engravings is not usually an issue.

    The fact of not being possible to reduce the cooldown is drastic, takes away a lot of momentum