Results of My 23 Survivor Games and 16 Killer Games During No Bloodlust

My thoughts about the experience are at the bottom if that's all you want to see.

Link to the killer side of this experiment (didn't want to massive a post, this ones already pretty big, killer side has more details and screenshots as well as per request after doing this one):

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208146/results-of-my-16-killer-matches-tonight/p1

Mostly just raw data, just posting here so everyone can see if they care for some reason. Added some notes and thoughts as well. Wrote down the outcomes of all my matches today. Bit of a long read if you want everything.

Focused on the survivor side today, played how I normally do. Will be busy tomorrow so hopefully I can test the killer side before the experiment ends. Killer ranks were a little varied, as per usual, but the performances were fairly consistent for the most part. Killers were mostly purple and reds with some greens in there. Didn't record specific ranks because it didn't occur to me at the time and since I don't put a lot of weight on rank in terms of skill since they're not really connected (apologies). Again, even with the different ranks, the performance didn't seem to change much. My rank started at 6/7 and by the end was at 4. At most was in a duo for games. Most games seemed played normally by both sides as far as I could tell, but no way to really know 100%.

My Build was: Lithe, Spine Chill, Kindred, and Small Game or Pharmacy (to get a med-kit if I couldn't come in with one and save that med-kit for the next game). Med-kit was green and had no add-ons.

Quick data (unless I messed up):

  • Average kills per game: 1.13
  • Average hooks per game: 3.95
  • Kills in Order: 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 3, 0 ,1, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 2, 4, 1, 4, 0, 2.
  • Hooks in order: 3, 2, 5, 3, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 0, 4, 2, 8, 3, 4, 4, 3, 10, 5, 7.

Quick data from my when I played killer during this weekend as well, full breakdown at link above:

  • Overall average kills: 3.25
  • Overall average hooks: 8.68
  • Ghostface Average kills:3.33
  • Ghostface Average hooks: 8.83
  • Demo average kills: 3.6
  • Demo average hooks: 10.2
  • Legion average kills: 2.8
  • Legion Average hooks: 7


Format: Map

Killer - Kills - Hooks - personal Result - Possible extra details


1) Preschool

Clown - 0k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape

2) Haddonfield

Wraith - 0k -2 hooks - Gate Escape

3) Rotten fields

Slinger - 1k - 5 hooks -Gate Escape

4) Thompson House

Hag - 1k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape

5) Groaning Storehouse

Wraith - 1k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape - Main Building is disgusting with no BL it seems, so everyone just ran there for chase.

6) Temple Of Purgation

Hag - 0K - 4 hooks - Gate Escape

7) Gas Heaven

Freddy - Mori  3K - 3 hooks - Hatch Escape - didn’t get funbus :(

8) Badham

Trapper - 0K - 4 hooks - Gate Escape - Not the best trapper around

9) Hawkins

Hillbilly - 1k - 4 hooks - Gate Escape

10) Fractured Cowshed

Wraith - 0k - 4 hooks - Gate escape

11) Ironworks - Legion - 0k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape

Upper floor is gross to no one's surprise, survivors were smart enough to split up on gens.

12) The Game (offering)

Mirror Myers - 2k - 3 hooks - sacrificed - Death by first hook Camp with NoED, Bill was tunneled and camped as well till death

13) Haddonfield

Hillbilly - 0k - 0 hooks - "Escape" due to killer DC - Killer DC'd after 2 chases with no hits

14) Saloon

Plague - 0k - 4 hooks - Gate Escape - The saloon itself seemed pretty strong, so of course everyone bolted there anytime they got chased.

15) Badham

Trapper - 0k - 2 hooks - Gate Escape - Killer gave up when 2 gens were left

16) Rotten fields

Forever Freddy - 4k - 8-9 hooks - Sacrificed - Got a red rank Potatodette who got sacrificed when only 1 gen was done, got downed very fast and got tunneled. Only 6K points on her if that helps paint a picture at all. The last 3 of us got all the way to 1/2 of a gen left before the game ended. If it wasn't forever Freddy 2 or 3 of us might have still escaped maybe.

17) Blood Lodge

Doctor - 0k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape

18) Badham

Plague - 2k - 4 hooks - Sacrificed - Me and another survivor Left by the duo teammates on first hook while they ran out :(

19) Ormond

Blight - Mori 4k with tunnel off hook on everyone except the last two - Mori'd - Gates powered by end of game

20) Badham

Freddy - 1k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape - Tunneled Meg out the game

21) Badham

Forever Freddy - 4K - 10 hooks - Sacrifice - Another game with Forever Freddy and we had a Nea doing really dumb plays like sitting behind the killer crouched while injured while they're hooking someone else. One of our teammates also went down and hooked twice back to back greeding for the same gen. Me and the other survivor died on second hook with 1 gen left.

22) Badham

Pyramid Head - 0k - 5-6 hooks - Gate Escape - should've focused targets better if he wanted better results. Unfortunately they played "nice".

23) Grim Pantry

Spirit - 2K - 7 hooks - Gate escape - The spirit wasn't very good, but she's not really affected by BL anyway so it's not like it really matters.


Thoughts after playing only survivor:

I usually survive more than I die but I think this is a little ridiculous. Even my rando teammates are getting out more often. Most of the survivor deaths are from tunnels/camps as well as you can probably tell by the hook amounts if that matters to you. You can run killers so much longer even on some of the common tiles. Holding W and tile chaining is also much stronger. I thought removing BL was going to be an overall negative but even I'm a little surprised.

The Killer side seems to be really impacted by this in a very negative way. The map design and overall balance is appearing to be not where it needs to be to be thinking about removing bloodlust completely. Could do with leaving in just Tier 1 however and taking out 2 and 3. I'd still they rather test things then just throw them out, so that's at least a positive from this whole thing. But there are other issues that really need to be addressed first imho besides BL. Namely the maps and loops need to be better if they want BL out the game asap. Additionally I don't think we should be testing much until we can get matchmaking sorted.

However, I will see how further games play out. Right now it's not looking good. Definitely noticing a big difference in games, it's much easier to loop.


Thoughts after playing both Sides:

Well my killer games were definitely different than my survivor games. Would have liked to do more but the tiredness just hit me really hard and there’s only about an hour left of the test as well at the time of writing this. Legion was definitely hit the hardest out of the 3 I tried. Ghostface had much less of a loss, but it was still noticeable in certain situations. Demo was pretty much exactly the same. Of course I also feel like I got a little more lucky with Ghostface and way less lucky with Legion as well, so that could play into it as well.

I’m a little mixed right now. My survivor test was pretty crazy, there were so many escapes. My killer test however didn’t show much of a difference except on Legion and sometimes GF. However the maps and RNG played a large as well. I also would have liked to play a few more games but there just wasn’t enough time in my life at this moment.

I think the best course of action would be to just fix the maps and the RNG since that’s future proof, but we know that’s not happening soon, even the new maps still have some issues, albeit they are better. Alternatively we could buff the killers that seem to need BL like Legion and such, but that’s also probably not happening.

So in terms of BL I think what we should do is what a lot of people are suggesting and just keep BL 1, potentially 2 maybe, and get rid of 3. I’m only really hesitant about removing BL 2 because of things like that Chapel setup or that one Badham pallet school with a shack in the middle of everything. I don't think the game is ready for complete removal just yet unless the devs have something else in mind.

Really wish I could do more games or was able to get on earlier :/ But it is what it is.

Comments

  • @AskingForHelp said:

    Killers are actually quite overpowered at the moment due to small map sizes not matching up with killer speed and strong anti loop abilities and add ons coupled with the information given to them through perks it’s almost excessive. I’ve been playing this game for awhile, killers have the upper hand even in a 1v4.

    Summarizing: his experiences are limited and wrong, while yours are statistically significant and correct. Good to see how people are always humble in these discussions. The same way his are limited so are yours, the difference is that he is exposing match by match, while yours could very well be even more biased than his, since we know nothing of it. But whatever... -_-

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1768923#Comment_1768923

    I think it's actually more of a realization that you're not as good as you think you are, maybe your rank or mmr has been inadvertently boosted because of your reliance on bloodlust, whether it's conscious or not.

    Yes this applies to everyone else complaining about high rank games being very bad. I played several games yesterday as survivor and didn't notice any real difference in how much I died vs how often I escaped. It's always situational, depends on the day, depends on my luck, depends on who I'm facing.

    My point is that there are so many variables that affect how well you do in a game, there's no possible way that straight kills/escapes markers could ever truly give any indication of change aside from anecdotal experience.

    Umm, I just did my killer matches and I got very different results, mostly 3 and 4k's. I'm just editing the screenshots that I want to include in that post to block out names, but the data is up and has been up for a while now. The link is literally right above your post.

    Maybe don't be so quick to just say people who might not agree with you right away are lying or bad -_- I'm not relying on bloodlust.

    Sounds like maybe you're the one who's not as good as you think you are.

    Yeah there are a lot of variables, but there's only so much we can do but put up our results and observations and discuss. The lack of BL in the game is having some degree of effect on matches, the more we talk about it the more we can learn about it and try to draw better conclusions as to how strong that effect is and why.

  • @AskingForHelp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207873/results-of-my-23-survivor-games-today

    Survivors are the ones that suck man I’m in red ranks in both sides and killers smack survivors almost every single game. Your data sucks lol

    My killer games went pretty well actually as well, got mostly 3 and 4ks. The link is now included to those results in the OP. Maybe you're just not as good as you think you are if you're getting hit so much.

  • Nicr work here. It seems like a lot of the results are pretty map dependent, too.

  • @savevatznick said:

    Nicr work here. It seems like a lot of the results are pretty map dependent, too.

    Yeah that's seems to be the case, both map and killer dependent. Thanks for the compliment, trying to do more than most people on the forums than just say "my games were easy/hard take my word for it"

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770983#Comment_1770983

    Yeah that's seems to be the case, both map and killer dependent. Thanks for the compliment, trying to do more than most people on the forums than just say "my games were easy/hard take my word for it"

    It's also interesting to see that there was an "enthusiasm gap" between killers. Crazy morii blight/ forever freddy player vs some rando billy or trapper who gives up, they must have played different.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770983#Comment_1770983

    Yeah that's seems to be the case, both map and killer dependent. Thanks for the compliment, trying to do more than most people on the forums than just say "my games were easy/hard take my word for it"

    Please pay no mind to people that are trying to bring what your doing down. Honestly if it makes you happy to record your games do contuine to do so.

    Personal I found it very interesting to read and thanks for the time you invested to.

    🐷💖

  • @savevatznick said:

    Nicr work here. It seems like a lot of the results are pretty map dependent, too.

    The ones I managed to loop killer for a long time despite not being good as survivor were both preschool for Oni and Doctor. I don't know if it is on purpose, but Preschool map came a lot of times, even afterwards when I played as killer. I hope they notice the difference the main building does there (along with the fixed loops) without BL. But maybe they want to maintain it as a stronger map. They seem to have this idea of keeping some maps more in favor of surviving or dying. I dont know if that is a good idea though, bc offerings.

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770986#Comment_1770986

    Please pay no mind to people that are trying to bring what your doing down. Honestly if it makes you happy to record your games do contuine to do so.

    Personal I found it very interesting to read and thanks for the time you invested to.

    🐷💖

    Thanks for the support 🙂I'm not letting them stop me, I just thinks its kinda funny that some people are trying to discredit this completely with a simple "my experience was x, take my word for it but not his. He's totally lying and I'm totally not" type of attitude with short responses. Its kinda "you're experience is different than mine you must be lying or bad". I understand having skepticism but you shouldn;t just discredit everyone who say something you don't agree with.

    I am enjoying talking to the people who actually want to discuss and share their experiences. Overall I feel more positive about the whole thing than negative, although I did learn some of the things people look for in these types of things. First time sharing my matches.

    If you found this interesting, I also uploaded my killer results with more details in a separate thread if you feel like taking a glance. Didn't get to play as many games but was able to include more details and some things people were asking for in this one. Link here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208146/results-of-my-16-killer-matches-tonight

  • 4kd all my games today playing clown and legion (two were 1 gen clutches)


    Also, see how the killers who got kills played dirty or were ma boi Freddy. It sucks but sometimes it's whatcha gotta do

  • @TwistedJoke65 said:

    4kd all my games today playing clown and legion (two were 1 gen clutches)

    Also, see how the killers who got kills played dirty or were ma boi Freddy. It sucks but sometimes it's whatcha gotta do

    I didn't 4k all my games but I generally did pretty good playing killer as well during this time. I played Ghostface, Legion, and Demo. I updated the main post with the short version of those results as well for convenience for readers since this seems to be the main post getting attention.

    Although, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't bloodlust turned back on at 11 am today?

  • @Chekita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770627#Comment_1770627

    MMR is not currently in place. When it was, it was a debacle, that's why they disabled (and intend possibly to reactivate). Poor matchmaking right now has nothing to do with MMR.

    It's easy to know the difference when MMR was in place, if can't even notice this I think it's rather difficult for you to criticize someone sharing his experiences. He is not saying this is how it would be for everyone, it's a way of sharing the experience in a more objetive way than all people saying: "ah nothing has changed", "ah I get 4ks every game" and so on. Hardly anyone that came down criticizing his attempts with this logic put his time to gather his own data to demonstrate his own experiences to prove otherwise.

    Not even the number of matches or their results. As such, anyone that says all this or all that is much more ambiguous and suspicious than someone trying to contribute with real numbers, no matter if they are not a significative sample, their here to compare to others. That's how feed back works. Also, only looking through the statistics you won't get the whole picture as well (it's the most important part in my opinion as well), but players also have to give feedback.

    I had no idea they got rid of it. I've only recently come back.

    @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770627#Comment_1770627

    Umm, I just did my killer matches and I got very different results, mostly 3 and 4k's. I'm just editing the screenshots that I want to include in that post to block out names, but the data is up and has been up for a while now. The link is literally right above your post.

    Maybe don't be so quick to just say people who might not agree with you right away are lying or bad -_- I'm not relying on bloodlust.

    Sounds like maybe you're the one who's not as good as you think you are.

    Yeah there are a lot of variables, but there's only so much we can do but put up our results and observations and discuss. The lack of BL in the game is having some degree of effect on matches, the more we talk about it the more we can learn about it and try to draw better conclusions as to how strong that effect is and why.

    I had written that under the assumption that you had similar results. Perhaps I misread what you wrote, but my understanding was that you were having poor games as Killer.

    Regardless, this is potentially a harsh reality for a lot of players. No, you're not a good survivor who's been screwed over by bloodlust and suddenly you were great when it was gone. No, you're not a great killer if you rely on bloodlust.

    I've never said I was a great player. Please don't take it personally if I made a judgment call on someone's perceived skill. We all like to think we're better than we actually are. The reality is that there's always someone better and likely they're about to match up with you.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770681#Comment_1770681

    I had no idea they got rid of it. I've only recently come back.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770973#Comment_1770973

    I had written that under the assumption that you had similar results. Perhaps I misread what you wrote, but my understanding was that you were having poor games as Killer.

    Regardless, this is potentially a harsh reality for a lot of players. No, you're not a good survivor who's been screwed over by bloodlust and suddenly you were great when it was gone. No, you're not a great killer if you rely on bloodlust.

    I've never said I was a great player. Please don't take it personally if I made a judgment call on someone's perceived skill. We all like to think we're better than we actually are. The reality is that there's always someone better and likely they're about to match up with you.

    Ah, well if it was just a misunderstanding then it's not a problem. I didn't take it personally, I just struck back a bit at what I perceived as kinda hostile. I'm not one to back down haha. Don't worry about it.

    But my killer games also went very well for the most part as you can see. Yes I do agree for a lot of people this was a bit of a reality check.

    There's definitely players better than me, I don't think I'm like, the next Otz or anything. If the ranking system was based on skill I really don't believe I'd be in red ranks at all where the top top players would be. Just with the good above average players. Where exactly on that spectrum I fall who knows.

    I really think this experiment showed even more than before that the ranking system needs to be adjusted. I shouldn't be steamrolling as survivor just because they removed something like bloodlust. We basically have every skill level at "high" rank besides brand new getting matched together.

  • There is an/was(i believe an Aussie) clown who goes against seal team 6 Aussie survivors on the regular.

    When i watch certain dbd youtubers play killer, it's potato city with the survivors they get.

    Somenites, i get seal team 6 every match. Some nites i get potato city.

    At the end of the day, an individual's matches may not be representive of the entire population.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771505#Comment_1771505

    Ah, well if it was just a misunderstanding then it's not a problem. I didn't take it personally, I just struck back a bit at what I perceived as kinda hostile. I'm not one to back down haha. Don't worry about it.

    But my killer games also went very well for the most part as you can see. Yes I do agree for a lot of people this was a bit of a reality check.

    There's definitely players better than me, I don't think I'm like, the next Otz or anything. If the ranking system was based on skill I really don't believe I'd be in red ranks at all where the top top players would be. Just with the good above average players. Where exactly on that spectrum I fall who knows.

    I really think this experiment showed even more than before that the ranking system needs to be adjusted. I shouldn't be steamrolling as survivor just because they removed something like bloodlust. We basically have every skill level at "high" rank besides brand new getting matched together.

    Yeah same, honestly. As a survivor I am iffy at chases, a lack of bloodlust didn't really make it easier. I don't think I deserve to be where I am, but I also think where I deserve to be gives me way too many victories so I might as well stay higher up 😅

  • Well tbh I’m glad bloodlust is gone I almost never get it and when I do my frames drop and I end up losing the survivor.

  • @OkKiLLer said:

    Well tbh I’m glad bloodlust is gone I almost never get it and when I do my frames drop and I end up losing the survivor.

    Never got frame drops as people are saying on BL and the marker is still in effect, unless the screen effect is over as well, cant remember. Console? Heard many console players saying they get frame drops from BL, never got on PC and my specs are not high.

1 2 ›