WHY IS MATCHMAKING SO #########

I am a rank 18 killer and I'm trying to learn Legion. But the matchmaking keeps deciding to match me up against purple ranks and higher. WHY THE ######### AM I GETTING THESE MATCHUPS?! I JUST WANT TO LEARN A NEW KILLER WITHOUT GETTING ######### ON BY A BUNCH OF SWEATS!

Comments

  • @CorneliusCloud said:

    They said that they are working on a MM rework with highest priority. I think everyone is waiting for this. I am red rank and get unfun matchups too.

    They've been saying that for months now though. I'll believe it when I see it.

  • Yeah, I'm a red rank survivor and I get matched up with new killers all the time. It makes me feel a little bad because the skill discrepancy is obvious.

  • Right now it's because of the Bloodlust test.

    Turning off bloodlust has led to a lot of killers switching to Survivor or just not playing for the weekend which has increased queue times to the point that they're just matching anyone with everyone regardless of rank.

  • There's not enough killers right now due to the removal of blood lust and all the infinites/pseudo infinites it has caused.

    This means there's a lot of high rank survivors in insanely long ques waiting for a killer and thus get priority over the survivors of your rank.

    Also given that there's a KILLER SHACK variant aka something that can spawn on nearly any map that's an infinite/pseudo infinite its not hard to imagine killers quitting for the rest of the test after getting infinitely looped repeatedly for a day.

  • It is a sad question that is asked every day forever here. The worst matchmaking system of any online game

  • @HulkRogan said:

    I am a rank 18 killer and I'm trying to learn Legion. But the matchmaking keeps deciding to match me up against purple ranks and higher. WHY THE ######### AM I GETTING THESE MATCHUPS?! I JUST WANT TO LEARN A NEW KILLER WITHOUT GETTING ######### ON BY A BUNCH OF SWEATS!

    Same thing happens to me when I play killer. 20-18 little ole me vs red and purple SWFs. I already expect it to happen so I try to just find one person on the team who isn't a god at looping. And all my friends who used to play this game quit because when we'd SWF it would be me in red/purple and then three yellow ranks vs a red/purple killer. We couldn't get a single escape in hours of playing.

  • @CorneliusCloud said:

    They said that they are working on a MM rework with highest priority. I think everyone is waiting for this. I am red rank and get unfun matchups too.

    Man if it was really a priority we wouldn't have a new killer in the PBE. We NEED the matchmaking to be fixed instead of a new killer and other bullshit. It seems like they really don't care about people trying to learn. If it was really the highest priority it would be fixed by now.

  • @mintchapstick said:

    Yeah, I'm a red rank survivor and I get matched up with new killers all the time. It makes me feel a little bad because the skill discrepancy is obvious.

    It really sucks that there's no pregame chat just in case of a new killer or new survivor trying to learn. Like, I understand the que times and ######### but it's just unexcused to put a rank 18 killer with a level 1 character against rank 9,8, 7, and 4 survivors with full builds.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    There's not enough killers right now due to the removal of blood lust and all the infinites/pseudo infinites it has caused.

    This means there's a lot of high rank survivors in insanely long ques waiting for a killer and thus get priority over the survivors of your rank.

    Also given that there's a KILLER SHACK variant aka something that can spawn on nearly any map that's an infinite/pseudo infinite its not hard to imagine killers quitting for the rest of the test after getting infinitely looped repeatedly for a day.

    I mean, I understand the queues but it's just bullshit that rank 18 killers still get matched with super high ranked survivors. And there's no way to know until after.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766879#Comment_1766879

    to be fair though i don't think they're really prioritizing the new killer either

    They've done more work on the killer than the matchmaking system

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766887#Comment_1766887

    actually they tried a lot with the matchmaking system; they're just incapable of fixing it

    but yes rank 20-15 should be immune from past those ranks especially if a group is infiltrating with a deranked smurf. in fact it used to be like this but was removed for some reason

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YWT94X1MJY1A/screenshot-2020-11-21-225047.png

    here's an example of a rank 17 getting matched with red rank, this could be of 2 reasons: rank 4 is swf with rank 12 or 10, either one allows the other to be matched with the other because of 6 ranks limit, and therefore the 12 rank takes the solo 17 rank in (like a chain reaction). or they're all swf. the second reason being some background change we know nothing about.

    which is the problem with this ranking system, a smurf can derank their survivor role and then match with their rank 1 through swf, which will allow them to infiltrate a lower ranked game, and that is what's happening to you, most likely.

    whatever the cause may be, there are 3 people in this match that shouldn't be in the same match as i am.

    I mean like, I'm rank 18 and I didn't even get somebody within 6 of my rank. The lowest was 10. The survivors were 10, 9, 4, and 7

  • @HulkRogan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766832#Comment_1766832

    I mean, I understand the queues but it's just bullshit that rank 18 killers still get matched with super high ranked survivors. And there's no way to know until after.

    The game used to have protection for low rank killers much like how it has protections for low rank survivors(you can't be matched with anyone not of your rank).

    That got removed a while ago and we were never told why only killers lost it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766901#Comment_1766901

    i'm sorry there's no logical way to explain why that would happen other than this: that survivor queue was getting too long so the matchmaking increased the parameters to make the queue shorter for them

    may i ask, if you remember, how long was the queue for you to get into this exact game? for curiosity

    if it is long, the system may be making the parameters increased for you instead so that you get matched with them, nevertheless, this shouldn't happen because you are naturally not experienced enough to verse anybody past rank 15

    It was a very quick queue for me. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes at most

  • @CorneliusCloud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766898#Comment_1766898

    Or neither of both. I am rank 3 survivor and i got paired in those kind of matches too. No SWF. The others just straight give up and kill themselves on hook or go down in seconds and i run all the time trying to keep them alive. It is not the worst that survival games have to offer, but getting these kind of matches 3-4 times in a row is still very annoying. Especially when u use items + addons.

    Exactly. I got 6 of those kinds of matches in a row. I lost so much

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766886#Comment_1766886

    The game used to have protection for low rank killers much like how it has protections for low rank survivors(you can't be matched with anyone not of your rank).

    That got removed a while ago and we were never told why only killers lost it.

    I want the protection back. Time to riot