Here’s what they REALLY should have done with Coup De Grace
Every time the survivors finish repairing a generator, gain a token.
For each token gained your lunge distance is increased by 8%/10%/12%. Missed attack cool downs from a missed lunge are increased by 50%.
(In case I’ve worded this wrong, and so I’m not misunderstood, I mean that Coup De Grace would need to have downside to such a dramatic permanent increase to lunge distance. The missed attack cool down from a missed lunge should be much longer to prevent spam and abuse).
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I would definitely prefer this to it's current form. As the base perk is, I really like that they're starting to mess around with mechanics like that, but it's also not very good.
I think the missed attack cooldown going up is a little much, but that's only because if the perk became like this I would 100% use it with STBFL, and that effect ruins what could be the memiest, funnest thing ever.
I also hope they keep it affecting secondary attacks like Demo's and Piggy's lunge, but as far as I've heard it was unintended. The sight of Demo sailing across the map is glorious.
There needs to be some sort of trade off though for the gradually increasing distance to prevent lunge spam, or it being too oppressive on survivors during a chase.
If not for a longer missed attack cool down, what should the trade off be?
I was writing a response about how the effect isn't that great in the start of the game to warrant a downside, when I realized I was reading your idea wrong.
For some reason, I thought you meant the lunge would increase by 4% with every gen pop, making it stack to 16% at the endgame. Don't ask me why I thought this, I have no idea. I now realize what you meant.
Increasing the missed attack cooldown would be totally fine now that I understand what you meant.
I get that the missed attack duration should make up for the upgraded lunge distance but I feel that it should directly scale with it not have a hard cap starting value, something like for every gen completed gain a token so you don't suffer so hard early game against things like deadhards ect.
you have increase lunge distance by 8/10/12% and missed attack cooldown time is increased by 10% per token
And that miss cooldown also consumes a Token?
No.
I mean change the perk so it’s a gradually increased permanent change like Fire Up. So one one gen pops there’s an immediate permanent increase to lunge distance. It gets gradually longer as gens get repaired.
But because of this there needs to be a permanent downside. A longer missed attack cooldown is all I can think of. I like @bjorksnas suggestion. Have the missed attack cool down scale as Coup De Grace grows in power. Perhaps for simplicity it could be each token increases missed attack cooldown recovery by 8%/10%/12%.
Yeah i agree, and the increased missed attack cooldown is indeed needed so you can't combine it with unrelenting and go faster around the map then normal by lunging constantly.
This would be so much better
a gradually increased permanent change is what most perks do already, better to rework a bad perk to fit this framework in hopes of making it better
As long as it’s a missed attack cooldown that’s larger than what unrelenting compensates for.
I.e. Unrelenting can alleviate the length of the cool down, but can’t be used to cheese the game. Get me?