In support of the Bloodlust experiment
For those of you who don't know, when BL (Bloodlust) was first introduced, it was designed as a temporary fix to loops; a stop-gap measure. It was never intended to stay in the game forever.
The idea, I believe, was to give the devs more time to truly understand looping (pathfinding is surprisingly complex even in 2D with basic obstacles and a constant speed, never mind two entities chasing each other in 3D with different speeds that aren't always constant and areas that can drop you from one layer to the other) and fix it on each map.
Since then, many maps have been reworked to ease looping. At this point, BL might no longer be needed, in which case it's unfairly tilting the game toward killers. Therefore, the devs need to disable it and see if looping was indeed fixed after all the map reworks. If not, the data will tell them what needs to change so that it can be removed.
TL;DR: BL was always intended as a temporary fix to map design. With map reworks, it's time to see if BL is still needed.
Comments
Yeah I get why a test of it is being conducted, but I'll have to admit to even myself occasionally crutching out on bloodloust against a player who is better than me. Typically this happens during the chase around unmindgamable trash with a pallet saving survivor.
I find the ring a ring a rosie element of some people's playstyle tedious and the loss of bloodlust will likely increase that tedium.
I'm not enthused but I'm interested to see the outcome and will definitely try my hand at killer this weekend to get an (narrow and subjective) idea of how much I really crutch out on BL.
In typical fashion there has been a major overaction to even a suggested test of a change. Only time will tell.
I still think there are enough abusable loops in some maps that bloodlust is not entirely obsolete yet.
I'm liking no bl, I just dislike the holding W meta that it's creating also ormond but that one is getting changed soon.