Did you ever thought about removing the dedicated servers?

that is a honest question.

the servers are very bad. Myers stalking is pretty bad.

Grabs get robbed.

you get hit from 10 meters.

the servers are so laggy sometimes that it feels like the killer is lagswitching because you get downed on the other side of the map.

im sure dbd would be 10x more fun without the servers.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Maybe if enough people complain about them.

    After all, the main selling point (getting rid of lag) is still a problem.

  • I prefer dedicated servers 100%. Playing against killer with McDonald's wifi sucked. Or the non-stop lag switch when a killer was losing. Sure the lag issues with dedicated servers suck but not nearly as bad as when there was no dedicated servers.

  • @bm33 said:

    I prefer dedicated servers 100%. Playing against killer with McDonald's wifi sucked. Or the non-stop lag switch when a killer was losing. Sure the lag issues with dedicated servers suck but not nearly as bad as when there was no dedicated servers.

    Now we have lag switching survivors instead...

    So much better!

  • Yes, every Huntress match.

  • I hope not, it's only been better for me so far.

  • @Raz_ said:

    that is a honest question.

    the servers are very bad. Myers stalking is pretty bad.

    Grabs get robbed.

    you get hit from 10 meters.

    the servers are so laggy sometimes that it feels like the killer is lagswitching because you get downed on the other side of the map.

    im sure dbd would be 10x more fun without the servers.

    It looks like you didn't play when the game used to be pier to pier. I did, and I used to think like you and I dreaded the day they announced dedicated servers. But once it was implemented properly it changed everything for the better mostly. Especially the wait times I would never go back to the way used to be

  • @bm33 said:

    I prefer dedicated servers 100%. Playing against killer with McDonald's wifi sucked. Or the non-stop lag switch when a killer was losing. Sure the lag issues with dedicated servers suck but not nearly as bad as when there was no dedicated servers.

    The thing is that Killers with bad internet are still a thing. But you wont see it anymore. Before you may have seen it in the Lobby that the Ping was spiking up, buit now you dont even see that. You also dont see where the Killer is located, like I had a VPNing Chinese player a few days in a row, the Ping was super-high. Before Dedicated Servers, I would have seen that.

    So this issue is not really solved.


    But I dont think that Dedicated Servers will ever go away. They are constantly working on them and will most likely iron out the issues with them over time, so going back to P2P will not really be a thing.

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207431/did-you-ever-thought-about-removing-the-dedicated-servers

    It looks like you didn't play when the game used to be pier to pier. I did, and I used to think like you and I dreaded the day they announced dedicated servers. But once it was implemented properly it changed everything for the better mostly. Especially the wait times I would never go back to the way used to be

    i play since beta and yes i played P2P and for me it was much better. i got maybe just 1x a lagswitcher before they released DediServer.

    but back then the hitboxes were not that big of survivors maybe that is why it felt much better.

    dedi servers are for me very bad.

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207431/did-you-ever-thought-about-removing-the-dedicated-servers

    It looks like you didn't play when the game used to be pier to pier. I did, and I used to think like you and I dreaded the day they announced dedicated servers. But once it was implemented properly it changed everything for the better mostly. Especially the wait times I would never go back to the way used to be

    also.. you could atleast see the ping of the killer and dodge it when it was to much, now you cant see it anymore.

  • Id say its a mix and match tbh, had made lobby times longer but does usually mean you have better average connection. doesnt mean you wont get people with god damn awful connection and latency issues even on the same server. I WISH THEY WOULD SHOW THE CONNECTION OF ALL PLAYERS. this has 0 downside but nothing is worse than seeing you have perfect connect to the server but the survivors or killers have awful connection and the games garbage.

  • On console before dedicated servers, a killer could DC at the end of the game and all the suvivors would lose all their bloodpoints. That alone makes me glad they are here.

    Although I do miss grabs.