What are your thoughts on the use of third-party applications for DBD (besides cheats)?
Some players use a timer application to track the duration of Decisive Strike left on survivors, or a crosshair to help get shots as a Huntress or Deathslinger. What are your views on the use of these? Do you think players should be allowed to use them?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Ideally all platforms all only use what's in-game to play with, but things like filters, sound cards, resolution settings, and others beside what you mentioned could be seen as unfair for consoles.
All this without mentioning the frame drops, latency, & optimization issues with my poor Xbox1x. But hey that 60fps minimum promised about two years ago is still coming, right?
Totally fine to me. If someone wants to pay for a monitor with a crosshair or not deal with the awful button mashing on struggle state, I say let them.
I am fine with it
I kinda just tape stuff to my tv
crosshair is not that good on huntress tbh. timer? I just check my phone lmao.
brightness filters are ok (probaly cant actually comment on that cause I use it)
Don't really like it, but i've accepted this a long time ago.
Don't really wanna think of whether it should be allowed or not, too long of a discussion.
I have no problem with the filters existing but I really have to question why we don't have these very basic graphics settings in the game -- like brightness. I can't play on ultra settings because the game becomes way too dark.
Crosshairs dont do that much on Huntress, they are good if the target is standing still, but to hit good Hatchets, you might not use a Crosshair.
Timer...Eh, fine I guess? I dont care that much tbh. I dislike stuff like Filters, IMO the game should be played as it comes, even if that means that it will be dark (it is somewhat located in the horror-genre, after all).
But personally, I would not use Crosshairs. They might be ok when new to the Killer, but ideally you want to learn how to play without them. So basically the same with some Add Ons (e.g. Wind-Up on Hatchets). You might want to learn to play without them, otherwise you might become addicted.
lol same ds is such a pain