I feel so bad for new killers
I know these issues are pretty much known to everyone but since starting to play on steam as well as ps4 you get a much better idea of what they're supposed to endure. Apart from a few matches where I've been matched with noobs I'm going against red and purple survivors with 1000s of hours, and full perk sets -which is fine with me, obviously a bit more engaging than killing beginners although ideally I'd have something a bit more to throw back at them apart from tier 1 spies and tier 1 bloodhound-
but how many new players drawn to the killer role are going to stick around if they're just going to be a punching bag match after match? I get that matchmaking is probably always going to be terrible, possibly even with MMR. But give new players something. A more advanced tutorial, a training area (everyone wants one and if you could try out new killers and perks there you'd probably increase sales), a warning or BP boost when their lobby is full of reds, a way to unlock some free perks from the shrine, idk but you should give them something.
Comments
Honestly I almost quit after my first 2 games as a survivor. It was so hard and so stressful! Then I played killer and it felt... right. Cathartic even.
I always feel like saying something to the effect 'You kids have no idea how easy you have it these days! When I started killer we had vacuum pallets, insta heals, and decisive strike that worked after just being downed. Plus we had to walk uphill in the snow to get to every hook!'
Champ man, thanks!
Is sfw considered toxic?
The new player´s experience is just a hell, tutorial is just like nothing and the game is absolutely zero friendly with them.
They have to grind a lot BP to be a competitive, learn about looping, chasing, perks.... and ¿How does the game teachs them? By smashing them game after game untill they just unninstall and go to another game.
There is not learning curve, the only way to learn on DBD is just getting smashed for hours and hours, plus MM issues that can match new players with high rank players and they receive a lot of toxicity, more in survivor side than in killer side.
As a new player (Only 200 hours played) I can´t recomend this game to my friends, because is not thhe best way to invest money on entertainment. We started being 9 mates playing a few months ago, now, I am the only one who keeps playing and I just can´t play more than 3-4 games per day because is really frustrating and having Gamepass I feel like wasting my time on DBD is like throw my life for nothing
Excuse me my english, im trying my best
Depends who you ask honestly. I personally don't mind it, but a lot of killer players aren't fans because they have a rep of being bully squads.