Map Voteban

A feature I'd like to see implemented is a survivor/killer map ban in lobbies. Killers pick one map to automatically be banned, and the survivors vote on a map to ban. If the survivor vote gets tied, the game picks one.


This would prevent each party from getting stuck on a map they hate, and also do away with the map offering system that's currently just used by troll SWFs and Michael Myers players.

Comments

  • While I simpatize with your aversion of SWF's with map offerings, jump scare Myers is the best we have in DbD in present times.

  • The survivors would just ban either the Game or Hawkins meanwhile the killer can only ban one of the following:

    Haddon, Ormond, Coldwind farms, Lerys(If blight/Ranged), Spring wood, Red Forest(All non mobility killers).

    Survivors would just have map offerings for 2 of them so the killer is forcibly set to a survivor sided map even with the bans.

    This just makes SWF better sadly due to the more polarizing maps tend to be heavily survivor sided while also being more numerous and the few killer sided ones can easily be banned due to how few of them there are.

    TLDR: This doesn't work due to the game having too many survivor sided/Killer hosing maps while not having enough killer sided ones to even out the new chances.

  • I kinda have always thought map offerings should go. I'm a solo survivor but I can definitely see how miserable it would be for a killer against certain SWFs. And as that solo survivor, stop creeping at me through walls on The Game, MIGUEL! It's not good for my heart.

  • I can't see map offerings going away completely, as several killer builds are dependant on getting a certain map. As far as voting, I could only see killers getting the short end of that stick all day, and after four Ormands or Red Forests in a row no-ping right outta this game and in to another.

  • I mean we can just not have this feature with 2 easy changes.

    1. Delete Midwich - for everyone
    2. Delete haddonfield - for killers mainly and survivors who don't use balanced

    There ya go

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    The survivors would just ban either the Game or Hawkins meanwhile the killer can only ban one of the following:

    Haddon, Ormond, Coldwind farms, Lerys(If blight/Ranged), Spring wood, Red Forest(All non mobility killers).

    Survivors would just have map offerings for 2 of them so the killer is forcibly set to a survivor sided map even with the bans.

    This just makes SWF better sadly due to the more polarizing maps tend to be heavily survivor sided while also being more numerous and the few killer sided ones can easily be banned due to how few of them there are.

    TLDR: This doesn't work due to the game having too many survivor sided/Killer hosing maps while not having enough killer sided ones to even out the new chances.

    I agree. Additionally, while we have many maps I don't think we have enough for map bans, especially taking the above into consideration. Maybe we can do perk bans, where each side chooses one perk that cannot be used? That'd be an interesting meta changer, and there's enough Survivor and Killer perks to do so.