A Challenge: How Can We Make All Killers Move at 115% Movement Speed?

I'd like to try a little brainstorming. What do you think would have to change for all killers to be at 115% movement speed?

To be clear, this is a "What if?" scenario, NOT "They should/shouldn't do this".

So here's my challenge to you: Pick one of the killers who doesn't normally move at 4.6 m/s (115%) and decide what and how elements of their kit would need to be adjusted to justify raising them to that speed. As a rule, this cannot only be a temporary speed increase (like with Nurse's Spasmodic Breath add-on); the killer needs to have the ability to remain at 115% speed indefinitely in some way.


For example, one suggestion I've seen was that Huntress could be able to move at 115% speed any time that she had no hatchets left in her belt, but would otherwise move at 110%. She could remain a 115% speed killer for as long as she wanted like this at the cost of not having her power available.

Not that the speed-vs-abilities tradeoff is the only way to go though. Would love to see some ideas of how killers could move at this speed while retaining access to their powers too.

Your options are:

Nurse / Hag / Huntress / Spirit / OLD Legion (just for fun) / Deathslinger

In the timeless words of Sonic the Hedgehog: "Speed's my game!"

Comments

  • Huntress:

    • Now starts as a 4.6 m/s (115 %) Killer.
    • For each missed Hatchet, Movement Speed is reduced by 1 %. I don't know excactly how much m/s 1 % is.
    • After reloading, she goes back to 4.6 m/s (115 %).

    Spirit:

    • Yamaoka's Haunt Cooldown increased to 30 seconds.
    • After draining the entire gauge of Yamaoka's Haunt, movement Speed is increased to 4.6 m/s (115 %) for the duration of the Cooldown.

    Hag:

    • Increased her base Movement Speed to 4.6 m/s (115 %). This basically wouldn't change anything, you now can chase normally if you want. Yay many People who hate Hag because they can't chase with her can now enjoy Hag as well.

    Deathslinger:

    • While the Redeemer is not reloaded, move at 4.6 m/s (115 %).
    • Increased Reload Time from 2.75 Seconds to 3 Seconds.

    Nurse:

    • You can now blink up to 8 Times.
    • While Spencer's Last Breath is active, the Nurse moves at 3.85 m/s (96.25 %).
    • Increased the Fatigue by 0.5 Seconds overall.
    • After using up all 8 Blinks, Spencer's Last Breath goes on Cooldown for 40 Seconds.
    • During this Time, the Nurse moves at 4.6 m/s (115 %).

    Shape:

    • While in Evil Within Tier I, you move at 4.6 m/s (115 %).
    • You can not perform a lunge Attack while in Evil Within Tier I.
    • Your vaulting Speed is increased from 1.7 Seconds to 2 Seconds.

    If you didn't nerf Tier I in some way, there would be no reason to get out of Tier I. With those extra Nerfs, Tier I moves at full speed but you do other things worse or slower.

  • No idea if any of these are balanced.


    Nurse - Would need a much bigger cooldown on her blinks

    Hag - A mud trap that is stepped on probably will take some time to return to her inventory; probably also move 110% for a small period after teleporting

    Huntress - Probably would not be able to move at 115% unless she has run out of hatchets

    Spirit - Probably needs a longer cooldown for her phasing, and possibly 110% speed while on cooldown

    OLD Legion - Screw that.

    Deathslinger - This is a hard one. I used to think he could just be upgraded to 115% as-is and be fine, but I have since shifted opinion on that. That said, here's what I thought of: He starts at 115%, and each time he takes a shot, he is slowed down for a period of time (not sure by how much; maybe down to 110%), but the length of time you are slowed down (which I am also not certain on) is lessened the longer you aim down the sights before you fire.

  • @MrDardon said:

    Huntress:

    • Now starts as a 4.6 m/s (115 %) Killer.
    • For each missed Hatchet, Movement Speed is reduced by 1 %. I don't know excactly how much m/s 1 % is.
    • After reloading, she goes back to 4.6 m/s (115 %).

    Spirit:

    • Yamaoka's Haunt Cooldown increased to 30 seconds.
    • After draining the entire gauge of Yamaoka's Haunt, movement Speed is increased to 4.6 m/s (115 %) for the duration of the Cooldown.

    Hag:

    • Increased her base Movement Speed to 4.6 m/s (115 %). This basically wouldn't change anything, you now can chase normally if you want. Yay many People who hate Hag because they can't chase with her can now enjoy Hag as well.

    Deathslinger:

    • While the Redeemer is not reloaded, move at 4.6 m/s (115 %).
    • Increased Reload Time from 2.75 Seconds to 3 Seconds.

    Nurse:

    • You can now blink up to 8 Times.
    • While Spencer's Last Breath is active, the Nurse moves at 3.85 m/s (96.25 %).
    • Increased the Fatigue by 0.5 Seconds overall.
    • After using up all 8 Blinks, Spencer's Last Breath goes on Cooldown for 40 Seconds.
    • During this Time, the Nurse moves at 4.6 m/s (115 %).

    Shape:

    • While in Evil Within Tier I, you move at 4.6 m/s (115 %).
    • You can not perform a lunge Attack while in Evil Within Tier I.
    • Your vaulting Speed is increased from 1.7 Seconds to 2 Seconds.

    If you didn't nerf Tier I in some way, there would be no reason to get out of Tier I. With those extra Nerfs, Tier I moves at full speed but you do other things worse or slower.

    That Nurse suggestion is definitely not something I've seen before. I'd be intrigued to see how it might work in practice, though it could become a little annoying for the Nurse player if they can't force the Blinks to recharge without using them all. Admittedly, I'd foresee Nurse mains rioting over her having a long power cooldown and survivors angry over the existence of an 8-Blink Nurse.

    I like the Myers idea. EW1 could definitely stand to be better and less of a hindrance to Myers (though they'd have to be careful with how it could buff Scratched Mirror). Might also make the Boyfriend's Memo a slightly more valuable add-on too, I guess.

    Personally though, I think Myers should just start in EW2 and have the option to fill his power gauge and manually activate it (like Oni). Then they could let him choose whether to enter EW3 (for the insta down and lunge bonus, but larger terror radius) or EW1 (for Undetectable status and a Mirror-style aura-stalking effect, but no insta down). And he would stay at 115% speed across all three stages.

  • Huntress - 1% increased movement speed per hatchet missing (extra hatchets must be used before this bonus is gained)

    Nurse Blink recharge would be much higher or make her power like oni get a hit or two and enter a extra mode with old nurse power, 2 blink no recharge cooldown ect

    Spirit make her phasing have counterplay with feedback

    Deathsligner make his ads time 0.75 seconds before shooting so people have a something to react to

    old legion isn't real

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1754386#Comment_1754386

    That Nurse suggestion is definitely not something I've seen before. I'd be intrigued to see how it might work in practice, though it could become a little annoying for the Nurse player if they can't force the Blinks to recharge without using them all. Admittedly, I'd foresee Nurse mains rioting over her having a long power cooldown and survivors angry over the existence of an 8-Blink Nurse.

    I like the Myers idea. EW1 could definitely stand to be better and less of a hindrance to Myers (though they'd have to be careful with how it could buff Scratched Mirror). Might also make the Boyfriend's Memo a slightly more valuable add-on too, I guess.

    Personally though, I think Myers should just start in EW2 and have the option to fill his power gauge and manually activate it (like Oni). Then they could let him choose whether to enter EW3 (for the insta down and lunge bonus, but larger terror radius) or EW1 (for Undetectable status and a Mirror-style aura-stalking effect, but no insta down). And he would stay at 115% speed across all three stages.

    I should've added that. I didn't mean the Nurse to have 8 Blinks at once. You can still only blink 2 times and go to fatigue but you can do that 4 times and then Spencer's Last Breath goes on Cooldown. No 8 Blink Nurses xD.

  • They should all be 115%. No more undeserved whiffs with Spirit, Hag, and the others.

  • Huntress :every missing hatchet makes her move 1%faster and the belts make you slower

    Hag after teleporting your speed is increaced to 4.6 for 7s

    Nurse blinks have a longer recharge 1.50 per blink and when a blink recharging you go to 4.6

    Deathslinger when not in a chase for 6s your speed is increased to 4.6

    Spirit for every quarter of your power missing you go 1.25% faster

    T1 Myers removed attacking capabilities moves at base speed.

    Scratch mirror gives attacking abilities in t1 and aura when stalking