Why can't we ready up after the 15 second mark?

Sometimes I forget to ready up or I'm making some changes to my load out and then go to ready up but, WHOOPSIES, we hit magic number 15 so I can't anymore. And now we're forced to wait an additional 15 seconds for some reason. Not a big deal but kind of annoying and been in the game for a long time

Comments

  • I also don't know why it's a thing.

  • Probably lazy coding. How do we stop people changing loadouts when 15 secs left? Stop everything from working

  • @Mugombo said:

    Probably lazy coding. How do we stop people changing loadouts when 15 secs left? Stop everything from working

    But it doesn’t stop everything it just stops you from readying or unreadying up.

  • This was introduced as a feature (bug) in the game probably more than a year ago now.. just never reverted (fixed).

    Also: small correction but you would be saving 10 seconds, as when all players ready it begins a five second countdown. Why that's a thing is something we could question as well (instead of just immediately fading to the offering screen).