When will BHVR admit that Dead Hard is officially broken?
I've been playing the game since 2017. I never felt the need to create an account on these forums because I never really felt the need to complain. Surprising, I know. Even through all of the questionable balance changes and adjustments this game has seen over its 4 years of production, I had gone without posting on these forums.
When Legion was released, I took a long break from the game. Letting it sit in my library for years as I didn't really feel any drive to play it. When Pyramid Head was released, I suddenly had a rekindled desire. Since then, I've tacked on an additional 100-150 hours of playtime, and slowly crawled my way back up to red rank. Maybe I'll even hit rank 1 this time around.
But there's a stark difference. Sure, the dedicated servers are wonderful, but since I've started playing again, Dead Hard is broken. I remember raising an eyebrow the first time I got hit while exhausted on the ground from using the perk, but brushed it off as a slip-up on the server's part. I know hit validation is a touchy subject, discrepancies between pings, et cetera.
Now I've lost count on how many times I see the exhausted debuff appear on the right of my screen, only to be downed on the floor, and have it go away a brief moment later, as if I never activated it in the first place.
I cannot think of a single perk in this game besides Dead Hard that is functionally broken. When I had picked the game up, it wasthe best exhaustion perk in the game by a considerable margin; at least in my opinion. Now it's really hard to convince myself to even equip it, knowing that there's about a 50/50 chance of it actually doing what the description says it does.
So what happens now? Do we just continue playing with a broken perk? Or have I missed discussions about the dev team working towards fixing this problem.
Comments
Last month, when they said they are re-coding the perk
They already said they're going to code Dead Hard from the ground up. It'll probably cancel hits if said hit connects during a specific timeframe of using Dead Hard resulting in blood splatter with no loss of a health state or something like that.
The devs have acknowledged that Dead Hard needs some love since it doesn’t work properly a lot of the time on dedicated servers. They said they were looking at re-coding the perk to account for servers so it’s something they’re aware of, at the very least.