Balance between graphic update and new maps

Since we get the graphic updated maps, we have no new ones. I know the graphic team cant work on the two at the same time but i think behaviour should find a balance.

Some players are competitive and dont care about new content, they want balance. And i understand that.

But some are here for the story telling too.

The Blight and The Twins are very well written, maybe the best story of the game and we cant play in their own realm, thats really sad for people like me who like dbd lore.

Im very impressed by reworked maps, its very well done but i cant imagine a year without new maps.

After the maps update, here comes characters graphic update. Can you imagine a new chapter, without survivor because they reworked Claudette face ?

Its all about balance and diversity.

I think a new chapter should come with a new map. And graphic update should be released on mid chapter patch.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's simply too much work probably. Already feels like they're pushing themselves by developing for 6+ different platforms at once, not including mobile and not making the distinction between windows store/steam, or series S and series X.

    Yes but they make one chapter with graphic update and the next one completly new. You know what i mean ?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747690#Comment_1747690

    I think they're just hard pushing a graphics update for all realms before they start adding new maps. It makes the most sense, and I don't expect them to stop unless it's a licensed DLC.

    I cant imagine a year without new maps, it would be boring to play same maps over and over

  • While I would love to have new Maps, we have 15 Realms with 35 Maps currently. This is already a huge variety.

  • there's already a giant list of maps in this game, and most of them are poorly designed. That is not to say that the map reworks aren't poorly designed either, but the updates need to happen on the off chance that the devs accidentally add something good to them.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    While I would love to have new Maps, we have 15 Realms with 35 Maps currently. This is already a huge variety.

    15 realms is not so much

  • Well, thats subjective. You can also say that 1000 Realms is not so much.

  • There's already a ton of maps in the game. Missing one or two with new characters isn't a huge loss. And how many of the newer maps do you see on a regular basis without an offering? The only time I see Midwitch is with an offering because most times, my matches take me to the exact same map, usually Coldwind or Red Forest. Adding more maps just means less chance to even see them.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    There's already a ton of maps in the game. Missing one or two with new characters isn't a huge loss. And how many of the newer maps do you see on a regular basis without an offering? The only time I see Midwitch is with an offering because most times, my matches take me to the exact same map, usually Coldwind or Red Forest. Adding more maps just means less chance to even see them.

    I dont agree with you, i saw midwich many times recently without offering.

    And I like to dont know well the maps, im exhausted from same loops over and over.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1747803#Comment_1747803

    Well, thats subjective. You can also say that 1000 Realms is not so much.

    Thats not subjective. Its about lore, one killer, one realm.

  • Balance idea:

    Since MacMillan, AutoHeaven, Coldwind are the only realm with 5 different maps that related to only a single Killer on its own (Trapper, Wraith, Billy)

    Other Outdoor maps usually shared between 2 Killers (Nurse & Clown / Huntress & Plag). Its a good idea to rework a realm, and also add another map on the realm for a new Killer.

    Example a new Plant theme Killer share the same realm with Huntress & Plag. Then they can rework the Red forest realm and add a new map at the same update patch.

  • I made a thread about this, I think I can find a lore reason for it: Bubba-Not...very smart. Entity probably cant read his memories. Ghost Face-Never in one spot, he doesn’t really have ties to a specific location. Blight-Too insane for his memories to be read. Twins-Same as Ghost Face, never in one spot as they were always on the run.