From PS4 to PS5 plans

So I'm planning on getting the PS5 for Christmas and I can't download any of my data on the PS4 to the cloud. Does that mean that I won't have my DLC'S that I purchased, or if I keep my DLC's, but all my progress is gone. Or alternatively, I keep all of my stuff and progress because I am only transferring my account to the PS5. Someone please awnser this question. I would appreciate it, thanks.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You can create a cross-platform account somewhere on the dbd website. It keeps your data and DLC's active on both accounts. I have linked my Google Stadia and Steam account through it too.

    https://account.bhvr.com/ This link should get you there

  • Altho a fair warning: Auric Cells and some cosmetics might not transfer between some accounts. I dont think it would be an issue between PS4 and PS5, but due to pricing and licensing agreements between BHVR, the license holder and the console producer, it might not transfer between some platforms.

    For example: BHVR could agree with Google to create an entire outfit that's essentially an advertisement to use Google Stadia, it's kinda obvious that most other platforms would disagree to show that outfit on their platform, giving that survivor simply the default clothing instead.

  • @TheClownIsKing Sorry to bother you, but i figured you'd know some stuff to help out.

  • @jrestevez380281 said:

    So I'm planning on getting the PS5 for Christmas and I can't download any of my data on the PS4 to the cloud. Does that mean that I won't have my DLC'S that I purchased, or if I keep my DLC's, but all my progress is gone. Or alternatively, I keep all of my stuff and progress because I am only transferring my account to the PS5. Someone please awnser this question. I would appreciate it, thanks.

    It seems that data transfer isn’t needed from PS4 to PS5, and that it’s all saved in BHVR’s servers.

    All my progress, DLC, and cosmetics were all automatically on PS5. But as it’s treated as an entirely new game, it doesn’t transfer trophy progress.

    Note though that currently Quentin and Freddy are missing, which I think is probably to do with problems with the licensing.