An Explanation to my previous post on why I think Survivor is so easy!
Yesterday I made a post on why I think survivor is so easy labelling it as an ”Unpopular opinion” {Which I was surprised to how many ppl corrected me saying it wasn’t unpopular at all}.
I thought I was going to get a lot of salty survivor mains in the comments calling me a noob, or a baby killer main, but surprisingly enough the replies were very civil.
But it’s the reason why I made the post in the first place and no it’s not Bait.
I come from a background of fighting and hack and slash games, ones like Dark Souls, Tekken, mortal Kombat, and For Honor, in the PVP scene {For the most part} players are on a “Similar’” playing field. (Creating a subconscious level of Balance)
In a game like DBD, a horror game where one Monstrous killer chases 4 little survivors, “Balance” becomes an afterthought. It is easy to say that the Killer is the overpowered one, they are in the "dominant power role", in low ranks (20-10) that may be the case, but in high ranks (5-1) this is not the case at all, and most ppl who have played this game for more than 5 minutes most likely agree on this.
Many ppl in the reply section claimed that I was only “Triggered” by survivors, doing things like gen-rushing t-bagging at the exit gates, or using broken perks.
- {Note how I said nothing about looping, because that actually requires skill}.
I know why survivors get extremely cocky when they escape the Killer, or salty when the Killer gets a 4 K, and it is the subconscious notion of “imbalanced” power roles.
But it is that mentality of being the victim that these Survivor mains have which drives them to high levels of toxicity, and entitlement. {When it is they who are in the power role}
I never wanted to appear as an Entitled Killer main, or toxic, but it is very frustrating when I am in the supposed “Power” role, but feel so helpless {Sometimes}.
For instance I play a lot of Michael Myers, and absolute unit of a man, 2.08 M tall, built like a truck, strong as a bull, and the very essence of Evil, it just demoralizing when I get gen-rushed and taunted, by a little Chinese Gamer girl, a Nervous Pizza boy, a Pretty babe from a Netflix show, and some College student who thinks she's a ninja.
Comments
First of all - calling Nancy pretty is highly subjective. Eww. (at least ingame)
Second - you are not a 2,08m tall Killer, you are just a person playing a character in a videogame. Why should people be afraid of you?
Third - You are naming games like Fightning games or the Souls Series. The thing is, while those games can take Skill, this does not apply to DBD. DBD is a really easy game on both sides, sure, Killer is more difficult, but I would not call it difficult in general. Like, I struggled way more in other games to do somewhat well than in DBD.
And when it comes to comparison - DBD is an asymmetrical game. You cannot really compare it to fightning games. In a fightning game, both players can pick the same character, the basic is even at this point. But you cannot apply this to DBD because there is a difference between SWF and Solo and differences between Killers.
If they want to nerf Survivors that much that Clown (one of the, if not THE weakest Killer) can consistently 4K (which is already possible, if you are good) and have an easy time, then other Killers who are stronger will simply obliterate every Survivor Team.
And well, Killer being more difficult - it is the more Rewarding Site, you get more BPs in general, you get more Bonus-BPs since getting BBQ-Stacks is way easier than getting WGLF-Stacks AND you have more variety. Sure its more diffcult to be the "1" in the "1v4", but if that would not be the case, way less people would play Survivor.
Killer is only as difficult as your experience and skill level dictates.
Play PS4 solo survivor at red ranks and you will see and endless onslaught of 4k games with the occasional hatch escape.
Many of these killers are doing just fine.
It is really only 4 man talented SWFs that make the game extremely challenging for the killer.