Deathslinger the crème de la crème of Killer Design

Disclaimer- Deathslinger is not fun to play against in the slightest as a Survivor. We all know this. This discussion isn't a complaining thread about how "boring" he is.

Deathslinger is addictive and really draws in Killer players with his mechanics as you learn him. There's this constant positive feedback loop with playing him. When you hit shots, its extremely satisfying. And when you miss shots, there's this little voice in your head that says: "I could've made that. I just need to keep practicing!"

Deathslinger really makes you feel like you're in the driver's seat when you play him. He's not at the mercy of the Survivor's perk slots and that's why he's such an awesome design for Killer players. His weaknesses aren't chase related at all they're mostly based on lack of map control and mechanical skill requirements. So even when you're losing as Deathslinger it doesn't feel nearly as bad as with other Killers.

Comments

  • I would argue that a killer is not well designed if they make their opponents miserable or are severely punishing to casual players that go "ooh, a gunslinger, that looks fun!" He's more of rewarding for DbD hyperfans like myself that will totally sit there for a couple of months trying to git gud. For most players, Deathslinger is one of the, if not THE, hardest killers in the game but without the reward of instawinning almost every trial.

  • Caleb ruined other killers for me. Once you get a taste of Quinn, you’ll want to throw everybody else in the bin. 🗑

  • @iZombie said:

    Caleb ruined other killers for me. Once you get a taste of Quinn, you’ll want to throw everybody else in the bin. 🗑

    Same, dropped 3 years of Myers for him

  • That’s the same for me. I feel really bad for ditching Michael, but whenever I play as him now all I think is “I wish I was playing as Slinger” lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I do like facing Slinger but I have to agree with this.

    Slinger IS the perfect chaser, and the most fun you get in this game as killer is ending chases fast. There's something special in showing dominance on that cocky pink hair Nea that tbags after dropping a pallet only to try to hide the rest of the game when she knows you're a good Slinger.

    Honestly yeah. You can tell once the Survivors realize you're actually good and go from trying to bully you to hiding in corners and letting people go struggle phase because they're too scared to save

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I do like facing Slinger but I have to agree with this.

    Slinger IS the perfect chaser, and the most fun you get in this game as killer is ending chases fast. There's something special in showing dominance on that cocky pink hair Nea that tbags after dropping a pallet only to try to hide the rest of the game when she knows you're a good Slinger.

    It’s funny you say this, as I had this exact match earlier today...with a Nea. She kept chasing after her friends with a flashlight, but once I did the ‘pretend to pick up’ trick and smacked her, she became such a gen jockey. I’ve definitely noticed I get less toxicity when playing as him, as people get scared. 😂

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744389#Comment_1744389

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744391#Comment_1744391

    This is basically my daily life as a Nurse, Oni and Slinger main lol. These killers together with Spirit and Huntress have the strongest chase mechanics, and it's funny seeing how survivors change their behaviour when they notice you're good with them.

    When it’s a strong Nurse, that’s just an automatic game over. Did that bush just move? It sure did. As the entire team cower inside.

  • It's fun to play as him. It's miserable to play against him

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744419#Comment_1744419

    I can confirm the games I lose as Nurse are usually because I'm still warming up or because the team was absolutely immersed (which is her counterplay btw).

    Oh I know, when it’s a great Nurse player, I’m extremely immersed. I also run Spine Chill a lot, which counters her hard. So I become the designated totem cleanser and generator repairer lol.