Developer issues

I know they said tunneling is not reportable but trust me.....it’s getting annoying already. This is the reason why many people give up on this game, survivors or killers take the game hostage, killers tunneling survivors, and some others hit that’s annoying. The developers suck at their job. If we complain about something, they’ll just ignore the feedback and add more bugs. They did respond to that by saying they didn’t want to make the game competitive but bro....that’s the point of online gaming, it’s supposed to be competitive. 😒

Comments

  • I'm commenting this here because I don't want to make a new thread, but does anyone know if the term "developers" can be used as a catch all for both coders and management (wherein the source of the problems (i.e. overarching decision making) you speak of appear to lie)?

  • Tunneling is part of the game people need to learn to deal with it. And dont forget everyone get a different opinion for tunneling, camping, etc... People give up on this game because the dev do some bad descision example the halloween event and it take too much time for them to fix the bug the game is out dor more than 4 years and its still feel like an alfa game with the monetisation of a gacha game

  • ?

    Is saying I disagree with the decisions made by the group of people at BHVR responsible for the money part of DbD bad? I'm pretty sure MCote is something like a lead game designer (or am I thinking of McLean's role...), and I was never under the impression he was the heart of the push toward the kind of style of microtransactions free-to-play games often have.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751424#Comment_1751424

    What?

    What I'm saying is that "Developers" is too broad a term when griping about Marketing and Gameplay (Per your question) to act as a useful catchall. You'd be just as good with using the word "Employees".

    The UI/UX designer isn't responsible for dictating the Cooldowns of perks, nor is a standard coder responsible for deciding what the next Killer design is going to be. They're both developers, but they have different focuses.

    The focus of a Design Lead is to be the one to dictate a general course of development, and other workers help implement this design.

    I'm less knowledgeable about Marketing, but I assume that they have their own hierarchy.

    Generally for public facing things, I'd just say Marketing and Design Leads.

    it was a misunderstanding question mark, haha, sorry. I suppose I should be using design leads and marketing team members instead of devs from now on, to be most specific about my areas of concern.

    thx for the info and help