Why is using Deliverance wrong during endgame?

One of my fellow survivors cursed me out for using deliverance during endgame. Why is this considered a jerk move?

Sometimes I let myself get hooked near an exit knowing I will get off with Deliverance (especially if some of the Survivors I am playing with are low skilled and need some help), the time it takes me to get hooked means the other survivors can get the gate opened and escape, then I Kobe and follow. Is this considered toxic?

Comments

  • It's not. At worst, it might be silly if you use it as someone is coming to rescue you.

  • It's not. If you managed to both trigger it and stay off the hook until the end game then you played smart. The killer might feel cheated but Deliverance has been around for a while, and if they were concerned they could have just made sure they at least 1 hook everyone.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    It's not. If you managed to both trigger it and stay off the hook until the end game then you played smart. The killer might feel cheated but Deliverance has been around for a while, and if they were concerned they could have just made sure they at least 1 hook everyone.

    That is what I thought. I was just confused because the killer did not complain but a fellow survivor did and he was red rank so I thought maybe he knew something I did not.

  • @stvnhthr said:

    One of my fellow survivors cursed me out for using deliverance during endgame. Why is this considered a jerk move?

    Sometimes I let myself get hooked near an exit knowing I will get off with Deliverance (especially if some of the Survivors I am playing with are low skilled and need some help), the time it takes me to get hooked means the other survivors can get the gate opened and escape, then I Kobe and follow. Is this considered toxic?

    If I didn't hook you for first time till EGC you deserve to live. As for survivor only irritating when you are about to get unhooked but at same time I get it because you only get 1 chance to use deliverance now and that's your first hook. Kind of trash honestly.