A small theory about new realm(maps) inclusions.
Hello everyone again! Hope everyone is having a goodnight or day so far!
So recently, both of the new original chapters have had plenty of new map overhauls with new graphics and some new loops, we all know this. However, no new maps have been included with these two chapters because the full focus has been mainly on the overhauls but we’ve been missing out on entire new maps. Now, my theory is that, honestly, we’ll only be seeing new maps introduced into the game if it happens to be a licensed chapter because they’ll want as much out of a licensed IP as they can get and licensed maps are just as big of a showcase for the chapter alongside the Killer and Survivor.
Anyways, what do you all think, are you generally happy with just all overhauls or are you missing the new realms as well? Do you also think we’ll only be seeing licensed maps included until the overhauls are done or do you believe we could see some original maps here and there as well alongside the overhauls?
Comments
after seeing their most recent new maps (midwich, dead dawg, yamaoka) im kinda glad that they’re focusing on overhauls
They want to get all maps on the same "playing field" before they add new maps
To be honest, I was really hopeful for a new map for Ormond. A killer sided one to stop those SWFs playing Ormond offerings every time I play party streamers. I appreciate the effort that they have put in, but I'd still really love to see new maps added to existing realms.
I know I’m possibly in the minority but I personally love Midwitch, I also personally really enjoy Dead Dawg... Yamaoka on the other hand, don’t necessarily care for either. I do love the new overhauls though, brings about new life into old realms.
Yeah, I remember that but I REALLY think if they add a license chapter for chapter 19 or 20, I most certainly think it’s going to come with a new map with possibly a overhaul of one of the realms with just one or two map variations. That’s just my thoughts though.
I would love to see another Red Forest map, it’s my personal favorite looking original realm. In the meantime though, I’m just happy with the map overhauls for the time being. :)
Oh defiantly
It wouldn't hurt to have an OG map here and there. But I am A OK with revamped maps and the only new ones being licensed.
I think they look excellent. They brought back that one Ormand snow vehicle tile, minus being able to go inside it. And they kept the green tint if the Autohaven maps. The green glow on that realm would be so perfect for a graveyard map in the future. I'm a fan of adding new maps to existing realms, like the Clown's map and the Plague's map. The one thing I fear of remastered maps is the fps drops.
I personally love the dead dawg map though, but the Midwhich map at the very least has some very clear issues.