Charms currently suck and should be changed.
Charms in their current state serve no real purpose other than showing off rift or tome completion, most charms are too small to see on survivors and some glow slightly, disadvantaging stealth.
If charms are going to be kept in the game, they should be more thematic and not used to fill rift slots, there are so many bits of character lore and in-game assets that can be used to make cute little trinkets, but no one wants a circle with a picture on it you can't see.
Charms need to be better to incentivize the rift grind, right now, they're useless and a waste of time that could better be used flushing out the new map reworks or cosmetics.
Comments
I agree, I don't use charms and they serve no purpose to me or many like me, they need to be changed in order to have some value "oh you finished the rift? Neat me too!!!" That is not what I wanted charms to be, I wanted charms to be "oh you 360 rev into a survivor here is a nice charm" some challenge, the fact that we are basically paying for the rift just to get 4 cosmetics and 20 charms is funny.
I have a ton of charms but I literally never equip them and I never pay attention to/notice them in game. Somebody could have literally any charm and it wouldn't make the slightest difference to me
I'd say the plushie or actual item ones are cool, i'm excited to get Rosie in this rift, but the amount of playtime behind it is peculiar. However i'd say it's a way to incentivize players to return. A psychological play on the need to complete things by some or be "exclusive". Hence why you have players complaining about the company offering exclusive skins for money now.
And most will be widely available in as little as six months anyway. I agree, Charms could be really cool if tied to actions. I'm that Survivor that will look for NOED and try to rescue, so a Charm related to being a savior would be cool. Just be careful bc Charms like that can get you tunneled, camped and/or lobby dodged lol
Exactly, that would be cool btw, getting a charm for going for noed, some kind of bone smasher charm or something like that would be cool.
I don't see why people would dodge lol but that is just based on my experience.
Not one-time, but would be a cool effort if you had to perform these tasks repeatedly and successfully to earn any Charms. I meant as far as charms related to performing certain actions like successfully 360 dodging a fatal hit 100x. In other games with items that signify skill or effort, some opponents won't go against you.
The charms that are actual things are good and fit with the stories of characters, I'm more talking about the ######### ones that are nothing but pictures in circles that no one ever uses
I dislike how they all hang off these lazy looking hooks on every map hook.
They should have given them more unique placements on the different hooks. They look tacky and lazt. Not the charms themselves. Just the way they're lazily slapped onto all the hook models the exact same way.