Unique Survivor Offerings

I was thinking that something that has always been an issue regarding survivors is their lack of uniqueness. You either pick the one that looks the prettiest to you, or you pick Blendette. In either case, Blendette is the only survivor that's technically beneficial as it actual provides something other survivors don't have.

HOWEVER. What really got me thinking was "How do you make a survivor unique?" and at first the classic "Permanent unique buff" came to mind and the more I thought about it the more it sounded like a nasty almost heart-breaking concept. Don't know why.

SO I thought...add-ons. Why not? It's not permanent but like improving the killer power it's something you want. At lest that was the idea until I realized "oh...but items..." and that's when I thought, why not have unique survivor offerings in the blood-web? Survivors tend to have this thing they center around so it's not hard. If every survivor has say three offerings that only they can get, it gives you a reason to want to diversify whilst also not making it so that the survivor just always has a benefit.

I feel like this might be a compromise because permanent buffs are easy to add and they haven't been yet so it's reasonable to assume the devs don't like it either. In any case, the offerings can't be buffs to survivor perks because then survivors would be required to utilize their default perks and...well frankly some of them suck.

Dwight has three perks: Bond, Prove Thyself, and Leader. So breaking these down you have: proximity aura, generator repair, and altruism buff. You would then make offerings that would give you slight buffs. Perhaps in order; 2m boost to aura range, 2% boost to generator repair speed, reveals totems in a 1m range. They aren't fantastic sure but it's a small stackable on top of all your other perks and these are exclusive to Dwight. (These are just random nonsense but you get the idea.)

Putting them as offerings also gives survivors a choice, in this case, Dwight can either take the gen repair speed or something else. That means if he does, he gives up map offerings, bloodpoint boosts, both personal and to all, white wards, branches, etc. Which does he want? I feel like it might make sense to hide the offering as well so that if a killer deems one offering more pertinent than the other it doesn't disrupt the regular flow of gameplay. There's no telling if the offering is a boost or a shroud.

What do you guys think? Fair? A little bit of uniqueness to survivors without completely changing the way the game operates currently.

Comments