What's the best map design-wise
As the title suggests, I wanna hear your opinions about the best design-wise map we've had so far (gameplay doesn't count). In my opinion, it's either the saloon (deathslingers map) or the school (silent hills map). They both have insane easter eggs and the aesthetic is just great. The game and Lerry's are also pretty high on that list.
What about you? Let me know below
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Definitely Dead Dawg, I love the design of that map.
Definitely Midwich Elementary School.
It's aesthetically in a league of its own in my opinion. All the easter eggs are amazing, too.
Midwich Elementary and Dead Dawg Saloon for me also. I have loved the western theme since mid 80s watching Charles Bronson and Clint Eastwood movies so Dead Dawg will probably always be my favourite map.
Dead Dawg, Midwich, Hawkins
Also throw in Game and Lery’s like you mentioned, as I feel Lery’s is heavily detailed and aesthetically pleasing... while the game could be more defined texturally, I appreciate the intricacies the art team brought with that map.
Lerys makes me happy to look at but I'd still have to say Midwich. It's definitely the best designed map ever.
If only the gameplay could be as good
Lery's is imo the best in terms of aesthetic design. Lot of its ambient sounds and damaged/degraded property gives the realm a lot of character. Take for example elements like the flashing signs static tv's with a theatre center piece. Its one of the reason's I picked up the game. Watching a youtuber play a game on that map at the time sold me on dbd's aesthetic.