The survivor role and how it lacks option's
This might be unfair considering 2000+ hours ofc any character/role would become boring but I really hate how the survivor role is lacking in mechanics outside of pushing gens and looping killers. While many game's have been adding sub-modes to test the water's for new mechanics and alternative game modes DBD has had the same static 5 gens 4 perks setup that whilst is for the most part varied and fun is also disappointing that we haven't seen alternative ways to add depth or mechanics to the survivor role. As we have seen with perks and killers this leads to some meta's that once cracked people will rarely stray from. Imagine playing survivor without ds or an exhaustion perk for example. Many killers who have nuance or alternative downing methods often suffer serious balance tweaks that massively limits there design space and force blatantly simple counterplay that hurts the killers appeal.
The reason I bring there points up is that I would like to see alternative ways a survivor can bolster there survivability by doing action's outside of gen repair. For instance fortifying windows walls etc. Set traps or apply defenses that can allow survivors ways of evading the killer beyond looping. I understand many of these ideas have dangerous ramification's balancing issues and likely game breaking bugs but In my experience I think dbd needs to add more agency to the survivor role as its lack of option's beyond just stacking extra second chances. Thus creating these stale gameplay loops that have for the longest time been making the survivor experience monotonous and boring in my opinion.
Comments