What perk is this?

So just started playing. I play as killer, what perk lets the people go down and when I down them pick them up and they get to get off my shoulder? How does it work? Do I need to do something to prevent it? Is there a skill thing I am missing like I guess you do when you fix generators?

Is it always on? Are they able to do it whenever they do anything?

Comments

  • If you are talking about immediate escape from your shoulder, it's most likely Decisive Strike (Laurie's perk). Survivors can use it only once per match and only after being unhooked or unhooking themselves. The only way to avoid it completely is to not pick up survivors, who have been unhooked, for the period of 60 seconds (1 minute) after the unhook happened. Or another way is to play as Pyramid Head and use his torment-cages power, which completely avoids all hook-related perks.

    Two other perks which might help survivors escape your grasp faster are called Breakout and Flip-Flop. First one boostes up wiggling speed, when survivor with this perk is near the survivor, who is on the shoulder. Second one gives survivors some wiggle progress for free, if they recovered long enough while being on the ground. To avoid these just make sure it doesn't take you too long to get to a hook. Then again, these two perks are very uncommon to see, unlike Decisive Strike, which is used by a lot of people.

  • That sounds like it is it. I hope I get better at the game. Can they use it still if they do things? Like work on a generator or heal themselves? I just get confused when they come running at me and let me hit them. Maybe I don't get the point of killer if the people can just walk right up to me and get away easy. I gotta learn how to play better then cause I don't get how these people are able to just get generators so fast and act like they don't need to worry about me.