Ghost Face Makes No Sense and Needs a Rework

Introduction

Ghost Face is, without a doubt, the best stealth killer in the game. No other killer comes close to the level of stealth that this character is capable of. However, he is plagued by two major problems. The first is the wonky detection system, and the second is his marked stabs do not work as well as they should.

Reveal Problems

I think that almost all ghost faces can distinctly remember somehow being revealed through a box. Somehow. Why is this possible? Instead of making the reveal be related to the survivors themselves, it is tied to the survivors camera. This causes a whole bunch of issues that range make playing as and against Ghost Face a lot harder than it should be. A possible fix is to have it tied to the direction the survivor is facing instead of the camera, but that could bring its own issues with. I won't say I know a solution, but it differently needs fixing.

Marked Stabs Vs normal Stabs

This problem requires some prefacing. I am not a very good ghost face. I am by no means bad, but I still struggle with certain maps. With that out of the way, why is ghost face not rewarded for going for marked stabs? That may confuse some people, who would say "But Narrator, you instantly downed someone, is that not enough?" and my answer is yes. If you look at other stealth killers, the pig and the shape, both of them receive huge benefits by playing their cards properly. Pig gets to use her traps, and the Shape gets an extended lunge. What happens when Ghost Face marks someone? They get a notification that he is there. Combine this with the large cooldown of 30 secs even if you land a marked stab, and this becomes a problem. It is very easy to treat ghost face not as the stealth killer he is but rather an m1 killer who can hide his red stain. So how do we fix it? I have an idea, but I am not sure how it will work out.

Stalked, marked, and then Ambushed

The idea of the rework centers around a new ability given to the Ghost Face, the Ambush. The Ambush can be activated at any time when in Night Shroud. Instead of having to 99 survivors, you instead have to fill the entire circle. Survivors who have been stalked in the last 20 seconds will also have their circles be highlighted. Once the entire circle is filled, when you activate Ambush, which will play a scare cord and end Night Shroud 10 seconds in, All survivors who have their circles highlighted will marked and exposed like normal. If you down a marked survivor, you will regain 50% of your Night Shroud and recover 20% faster.

But Why These Changes?

The idea of this rework is reward killers for bidding their time and waiting for the best opportunity. The removal of 99 is to make addons that increase mark speeds not terrible for messing with your timing. (cough ghost face caught on tape cough) The addition of the recovery speed is so that if you mark more than one person, you can get both of them in one fell swoop. The 50% Night Shroud is so that a marked downs are rewarding even if the person is already injured. Finally, the Ambush's scare cord and ending of Night Shroud gives survivors a chance to react to Ghost face before he stabs them.

For the reveal mess, your guess is as good as mine. I still don't fully understand how the reveal mechanics work, and I mostly play Ghost Face.

Comments