Will the community ever come to an agreement on Dead Hard?

Beside Decisive Strike, Dead Hard is another perk the community seems split on. It just seem barely anyone can ever agree on something with it. I wanna know why this is the case?

Comments

  • It’s doubtful.

    One side won’t be happy until DH is either nerfed or removed, the other won’t be happy after it is.

    Seems like an endless cycle of frustration in this game, and it expands far beyond perks, as well.

  • Being honest I have never really seen a proper argument against Dead Hard in terms of balance.

    It is however incredibly annoying for both sides given its glitchyness and tendancy of coming out of no where without always having a proper animation.

  • Dead hard for distance is the only reasonable way of using the perk. The original use of the perk just doesn't work because of dedicated servers.

    Besides, I have no idea why dead hard gets the most complaints, while it's Sprint Burst that is a much better exhaustion perk....

  • There are people that unironically argue that Monstrous Shrine has its place. That alone shows that the community will never agree.

  • Was there ever a situation when this Killer vs. Survivor community come to an agreement on something?

    Personally i dont like versing 4 good Dead Hard players. I dont like losing to OuTpLaYs while 3 other people sitting on gens. Thats just frustrating for me. But there is a famous counter argument that matchmaking sucks, and good teams are rarity nowadays and that allegedly makes Dead Hard balanced.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    Being honest I have never really seen a proper argument against Dead Hard in terms of balance.

    It is however incredibly annoying for both sides given its glitchyness and tendancy of coming out of no where without always having a proper animation.

    (dead hard for distance working as a second chance when the killer outplays you useable even against the strongest killers like nurse)

    No, totally no arguments, especially because you can't just stack second chance perks like jenga.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    Dead hard for distance is the only reasonable way of using the perk. The original use of the perk just doesn't work because of dedicated servers.

    Besides, I have no idea why dead hard gets the most complaints, while it's Sprint Burst that is a much better exhaustion perk....

    The main reason no one really complains about SB is, that it takes skill and exhaustion management to be more efficent than DH.

    DH is "Press E to outplay".

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1729520#Comment_1729520

    (dead hard for distance working as a second chance when the killer outplays you useable even against the strongest killers like nurse)

    No, totally no arguments, especially because you can't just stack second chance perks like jenga.

    I agree to a degree about distance but also completely disagree against the nurse.

    DH for distance can give you to pallets you might not other wise but so can sprint burst and lithe.

    Also DH for distance mostly from my experience is an issue with pallet city spawns where the minor distance gain can get you to a pallet no matter what but that's more of an issue with pallet cities existing to begin with.

    Without a pallet city DH tends not to give you that many pallets reliably from my experience but that's inherently subjective so you could be right.

    Anyways with the nurse its just DH just counters her for distance or just I-frames as its more a sudden jolt and I-frames then the distance gained itself as nurses need accurate blinks and any sudden movement can cause them to lose hits.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1729558#Comment_1729558

    I agree to a degree about distance but also completely disagree against the nurse.

    DH for distance can give you to pallets you might not other wise but so can sprint burst and lithe.

    Also DH for distance mostly from my experience is an issue with pallet city spawns where the minor distance gain can get you to a pallet no matter what but that's more of an issue with pallet cities existing to begin with.

    Without a pallet city DH tends not to give you that many pallets reliably from my experience but that's inherently subjective so you could be right.

    Anyways with the nurse its just DH just counters her for distance or just I-frames as its more a sudden jolt and I-frames then the distance gained itself as nurses need accurate blinks and any sudden movement can cause them to lose hits.

    I think many unsafe pallets instead of a few safe pallets are good for engaging gameplay. So DH will stay a problem, if maps get redesigned in a good way.

    And i said nothing but DH being easy to use and also countering nurse, so we got the same opinion on that one.