Remove the Matchmaking lock permanently!

I have noticed that whether you quit or lose connection, you still get a matchmaking lock. So even if you didn't quit the game due to something unfair or what not, and you simply lost connection because of a random error, you get punished. The lock only hurts your game, because there are less people playing it. Now in a game like CoD, where you can kill your team and then leave to avoid a friendly fire penalty, you then get soft banned for a time. The match making lock doesn't dissuade people from D/Cing. In fact, I've noticed more D/C's since it's reinstatement than when it was temporarily removed. I suggest it be permanently removed as a feature, and you simply enforce something else, like maybe a pip lock? A way to prevent D/C's from gaining pips, but not losing pips, until so many games have gone by. The number of times I got locked out and quit for the rest of the day instead of playing for a long time out numbers the times I waited it out. It only harms your game, as with ques longer per side depending on the time of day is already bad harmful, as sadly cross-platform didn't fix this issue, cause it seems there's more survivors in the evening, and more killers during the day.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @vladspellbinder said:

    This is an on-line multiplayer game, if your connection is spotty and not stable you should not be playing any on-line multiplayer games because each time your connection drops it impacts more than just you.

    This is very elitist, I know, "Don't play if you don't have the money for good internet" sort of thing, but it is the cold hard truth. If you are racking up high DC timers because you keep dropping from games, well, you're constantly dropping from games and ruining other people's experiences by doing so.

    The DC ban timer is there to prevent this exact sort of thing, along side the "Join, start, leave" some people try and do.

    You are not the first to have posted on this matter, you will not be the last, but you and everyone else with this problem needs to stop and think about how your spotty connection impacts other people and not just yourself. If you drop out of every third or fourth game because of bad internet then every single one of those games is ruined for at least three other people. (Because I know some Killer players just love seeing an early DC because it's now an easy 3k.)

    It sucks, yes, but it is better for everyone this way. If YOU had good internet and kept getting matched with the same person who DCs every third or fourth game because of their internet and no there was DC penalty then I'm sure you'd be rather upset and wonder why they were allowed to keep playing.

    Sometimes there are solutions for bad connection that don't require more money, look into fixing your computer/console and connection issues so you don't keep dropping out without picking the disconnect option. There are tons of resources on-line for this sort of thing if you look for them.

    I hope you can get better hardware or a better connection so you can keep enjoying the game and not have to worry about it disconnecting on you.

    I mean, this is a rather fair point, as harsh as it sounds. Now, if Steam itself was having issues, then maybe a pause on bans, but if the connection is on the player's end consistently, yeah, the DC is protecting multiple people being affected by the DC. You're going to need to have a stable connection if you're playing with others in a pseudo-competitive scene. Perhaps it wouldn't be an issue if there was a backfill for queuing players mid match, but it's just not that kind of game.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057894#Comment_3057894

    Last time I checked, in 2020 pips did still matter for matchmaking.

    They do not matter in terms of who you go against.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2565498#Comment_2565498

    I mean, this is a rather fair point, as harsh as it sounds. Now, if Steam itself was having issues, then maybe a pause on bans, but if the connection is on the player's end consistently, yeah, the DC is protecting multiple people being affected by the DC. You're going to need to have a stable connection if you're playing with others in a pseudo-competitive scene. Perhaps it wouldn't be an issue if there was a backfill for queuing players mid match, but it's just not that kind of game.

    You think it's fair to punish someone with the inability to play for days on end because of a random connection drop that ONLY AFFECTS THE GAME?!?!? I was in a call with my friend when I was playing huntress. I noticed my game was bugging out, like I threw a hatchet and couldn't throw another one, then I readied a hatchet, once I rubber banded backwards, and got stuck holding it. The people were still moving, and in directions impossible for a D/C. THEY WERE ACTIVELY PLAYING AGAINST ME WHILE I WAS RANDOMLY LOSING CONNECTION! But yes, let's punish me for this annoying bug. I'm pretty sure this is a Bug on DBD's side, cause I play games all the time where people will just randomly lose connection mid match, nowhere near the killer, and with the game even going in the survivors favor. They need to either disable the D/C penalty when you aren't going: "pause, quit game, confirm." or they need to just fix the bug. Both would be preferable, since people losing their power and stuff is quite possible, then they get punished for it.

  • I would love to have my survivor teammates instantly DC with nothing holding them back 5 seconds into the game due to them playing badly

  • @JimmyCasket said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3060431#Comment_3060431

    You think it's fair to punish someone with the inability to play for days on end because of a random connection drop that ONLY AFFECTS THE GAME?!?!? I was in a call with my friend when I was playing huntress. I noticed my game was bugging out, like I threw a hatchet and couldn't throw another one, then I readied a hatchet, once I rubber banded backwards, and got stuck holding it. The people were still moving, and in directions impossible for a D/C. THEY WERE ACTIVELY PLAYING AGAINST ME WHILE I WAS RANDOMLY LOSING CONNECTION! But yes, let's punish me for this annoying bug. I'm pretty sure this is a Bug on DBD's side, cause I play games all the time where people will just randomly lose connection mid match, nowhere near the killer, and with the game even going in the survivors favor. They need to either disable the D/C penalty when you aren't going: "pause, quit game, confirm." or they need to just fix the bug. Both would be preferable, since people losing their power and stuff is quite possible, then they get punished for it.

    First off dcs need to be punished because it ruins the match for the other players.

    There would be too many ways to dc without penalty under your .

    How can you tell between a game crash and a forced app close?

    How can you tell between losing connection and pulling an ethernet cord/unplugging router?

    How can you tell between a power outage and an unplug?

    Figure out the answer to those kinds of questions and then maybe, but under current conditions you cant disable the penalty. In fact with the rash of disconnects right now the penalty ahould actually be harsher not less.

1 2 ›