Will Freddy ever get new skins?

Even if its just the Wes Cravens New Nightmare Freddy skin with the trench coat and organic glove.

Just feel bad for him since he is a really high skilled killer but only has bloody cosmetics like Bill.

Comments

  • Just wondering since I can wait a long time if the devs are thinking about it but just dont want to go on false hopes.


    Its a shame that after a long time he never got a single skin and I know about the copyrights and such but would help if they can say it might not happen or it may happen even if it will be 3 years from now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Thing is, as much as the devs would like to give all license Killers cosmetics, it always boils down to the license holder's decision on if they can or not, and even then it might not always be possible to get all variations of each outfits from every movie because of multiple reasons that may be at play.

    Also the reason the devs don't say if there will be any cosmetics or not is because nothing is set in stone and things can change in the future, and possibly also because the devs aren't allowed to talk about it publicly due to NDA.

    Ah yeah forgot about the NDA and set in stone part. Wish this whole License issues gets easier on the Devs in the future cause hate how the devs struggle just to give us good stuff all the time.

  • He can't even get Ugly Christmas Sweater, because that is his default.

  • I'm sure if Wes Craven was still with us, he'd be all for old Freddy being in the game but licenses change when the creator dies sadly, although I'm not the biggest Freddy fan especially with the remake, I only play Quentin because I love his actor.

  • "Just feel bad for him since he is a really high skilled killer"

    i'd debate this buut idk if it's worth the energy


    as to cosmetics, its a license thing

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    "Just feel bad for him since he is a really high skilled killer"

    i'd debate this buut idk if it's worth the energy

    as to cosmetics, its a license thing

    In my defense all killers can be high skilled in the right hands and Freddy has the highest kill count.......which idk if it did count troll kills or toxic kills [ aka Moris] so cant really say he is high skilled or its like that cause people spam his power which I can believe. So yeah did not really mean high skill killer like that I meant high skilled cause he is a classic slasher......I should really pay attention to my typing.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728922#Comment_1728922

    Newer licenses are easier to get cosmetics and more to because those things exist now and the devs know what to tell the license holders to get the most of the characters in terms of cosmetics, custom music and more. However before all that existed, characters like Freddy, Leatherface, Myers and Pig were all licensed before things like the cosmetic shop even existed, so getting cosmetics and other things means renegotiating the deal with the license holders, it's a miracle that BVHR even managed to get a deal with New Line Cinema in the first place, and now that Wes Craven's family reobtained the rights for ANOMS, it's basically become even harder for the devs to renegotiate things since now both parties has to come to an agreement before anything happens.

    That said however, they are still working things out right now and i imagine that there will be things to come in the future, the fact that they manage to get Freddy and the ANOES dlc to the Switch version is already significant progress in itself. so maybe in the future we might see a Quentin face rework or more perhaps? Who knows.

    Thats a lot of info. Your right about all that stuff so I hope the Craven family and the reboot productions would come to an agreement if it ever came to that which may be possible to work with. Ps I noticed the quotes were taken off of Freddy's perks.