Breakable Walls

It's my turn to beat a dead horse.

Dev's, but why? Why add these in their current state? I don't understand it, I really don't. Adding the infinites back and saying "But there's a breakable wall now!" Doesn't make it any more fun or balances. At least with pallets you can mindgame, but with breakable walls it's like a god pallet is already thrown down.

Normally, I at least try to see why the dev's would add something, but these seem like a pointless, pointless way to hammer in breakable walls. You take away infinites, which was a good thing, only to add them right back. Are we gonna get old instaheals back now too?

As Survivor it isn't better, they've taken away loads of pallets to 'justify' these things, so most of the time after a wall is gone, the area just becomes a huge deadzone. Then there are the ones like in Badham, in the Preschiool. Why would I ever break that wall as a killer? Most of the MacMillan maps were agreed to be perfectly fine. Aside from Shelter Woods. These things aren't fun, or interactive, it's "Break the wall or get looped all game, peasant." I hope they come to their senses, but that doesn't seem likely as they really, really like these walls for some reason.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Comments

  • imo Breakable walls are not good for either side as one you didn't mention is the death room of Dead Dawg Saloon, where if the killer has Bamboozle you can get a free down if the survivor makes a mistake and enters that room

  • Devs know that the Walls are bad. Or, to be more precise, I cannot imagine that they dont know about it. But they are bruteforcing them into the game at this point.

    But aside from the Storehouse, I dont think that the Walls on MacMillan are that bad. On Coaltower they are actually pretty nice, since the Map did not need to get a Rework to begin with. But really needed or asked for where they not on MacMillan.

    I hope they will stop doing those Walls in the future. I hate them.

  • Breakable walls in general are fine. Ideally you want the wall to be in a strong, but not infinite, loop and have the wall be something that weakens the loop if it’s broken. That way the killer has a choice between not taking time to break the wall, but maybe losing time in a chase there, or spending time breaking the wall and increasing the chance of a quicker hit at that loop.

    The issue is with specific breakable walls on specific maps that are either at infinite loops (so the killer MUST break them or they’re in serious trouble) or that breaking the wall has no impact at all or, even worse, makes the tile stronger for survivors (like why are there breakable walls on the attic in the Macmillain house? They just open up new paths of escape for the survivor, I can’t see a reason to break them as the killer at all.)

    So breakable walls in general are a positive feature for the game, it’s specific certain walls that they may want to revisit.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Devs know that the Walls are bad. Or, to be more precise, I cannot imagine that they dont know about it. But they are bruteforcing them into the game at this point.

    But aside from the Storehouse, I dont think that the Walls on MacMillan are that bad. On Coaltower they are actually pretty nice, since the Map did not need to get a Rework to begin with. But really needed or asked for where they not on MacMillan.

    I hope they will stop doing those Walls in the future. I hate them.

    I can't imagine they think they're actually good for the game, but I don't know. They've shocked me before.

  • @dugman said:

    Breakable walls in general are fine. Ideally you want the wall to be in a strong, but not infinite, loop and have the wall be something that weakens the loop if it’s broken. That way the killer has a choice between not taking time to break the wall, but maybe losing time in a chase there, or spending time breaking the wall and increasing the chance of a quicker hit at that loop.

    The issue is with specific breakable walls on specific maps that are either at infinite loops (so the killer MUST break them or they’re in serious trouble) or that breaking the wall has no impact at all or, even worse, makes the tile stronger for survivors (like why are there breakable walls on the attic in the Macmillain house? They just open up new paths of escape for the survivor, I can’t see a reason to break them as the killer at all.)

    So breakable walls in general are a positive feature for the game, it’s specific certain walls that they may want to revisit.

    That is my only problem with them, is that they're being used in infinites (or being placed in seemingly random places where the killer would never break them). If they were used a lot better, like some of the walls in Midwich (even if I hate that map) or Dead Dawg, I'd be fine with them. As is, I think these infinite creating ones are bad for the game and it boggles my mind how they even thought they were a good idea.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Devs know that the Walls are bad. Or, to be more precise, I cannot imagine that they dont know about it. But they are bruteforcing them into the game at this point.

    But aside from the Storehouse, I dont think that the Walls on MacMillan are that bad. On Coaltower they are actually pretty nice, since the Map did not need to get a Rework to begin with. But really needed or asked for where they not on MacMillan.

    I hope they will stop doing those Walls in the future. I hate them.

    You know they won't

  • Of course they wont. I was speaking against Breakable Walls since they got introduced, but after they added them to Badham and Yamaoka, it was clear that they wont go away form this concept.

  • I really think breakable walls are terrible. So you can waste time breaking them at the start of the game on the off-chance a survivor might loop there and you can be prepared, or you can break it in a chase which also wastes time.