Should OoO continue to work in SWF groups?

I recently had a match where I encountered this and it had me thinking. Isn't this a far too overpowered combo? It essentially gives the entire SWF group information about the killer's position, taking voice comms into account, and the only drawback is that one of their members will have their position given away, but that's usually the member who's good at looping anyway.

I just don't see how it is a good balancing decision to allow a perk like this one to work with players that are queuing together. There are other aura reading perks, of course, but none that allows its user to see the killer's position almost constantly, within a range as large as 72 metres. Most aura reading perks have a requirement that makes them fairly balanced even with voice comms. Giving away one survivor's position in exchange to the entire team having fairly consistent access to the killer's position is not a balanced decision, not to people that are playing the game solo, nor to killers.

I don't think Object of Obssesion is an overpowered perk on its own, it's actually quite fair if the player in question is playing solo (which is, fairly clearly, what this game was balanced around.) It's really only an issue when combined with a Survive with Friends group. I know SWF is a very common complaint around here, but I don't think it would be an issue if combos like this were somehow disallowed. Rebalancing the entire game over SWF clearly isn't viable, because that'd put solo players at even more of a disadvantage, but something needs to be done about perks like these because they give far too much information out to a group of players that already does have an information advantage.

I'd personally suggest disabling perks like these for SWF groups of 3 or 4 players. Of course that is a suggestion, and I'm sure there are better ways to fix these, but I do think that the level of information given to SWF groups should somehow be limited to bring them more in line with the power level of a solo survivor and of the killer.

Comments

  • As much as this would make sense in terms of balance and game health, I don´t think they will do such a thing. It might set a precedent they want to avoid.

    Also bear in mind that one of the balance team bosses is not interested in the player experience or feedback. As long as Objects continue to die often, nothing will change since the statistics will suggest that Object is "fine".