Changes to the character progression and perk/items acquirement system

So I sometimes think about how the bloodweb can be really tedious progressing through and it doesn't really feel rewarding getting the perk, item etc that you want, it kinda just feels like a "ugh finally".

Before I give my suggestion, I must say I agree with many other people in that perk tiers should be removed.

So I think perks, items, addons and offerings should all be rewarded at the end of each match. And depending on your match score, the game may give you just one perk and a common item or a couple of perks and rarer items. I know there's still the chance you won't get the perk you want for a long time but I think it will feel much more rewarding unlocking it after a match instead of in the bloodweb.

This leads on to the other part to my suggestion that characters should be leveled up by playing them - and again, your match score determines how much xp you get for them. And bonus perk/item rewards for each level up. I think there will be a much greater feeling of achievement reaching level 50 this way and it shows your dedication to the character.

All this of course means bloodpoints are basically useless. So I think iridescent shards should be rewarded at the end of matches instead. This would allow people to get outfits/characters they want more quickly. The grind for iridescent shards at the moment is very slow.

What do you guys think?

Comments