The Grind
The 2BP weekend has been great for many of us. When I play a game like this, I want to unlock a wide variety of perks and then start focusing on a killer/survivor. I felt I had to push on Leatherface first because BBQ is such a game changer of amount of BP per game.
My question is, do the developers really feel without the grind many of us would leave the game? I play a lot of online games and many don't have grind like this one. Many games hope that the fact they are fun/good games will keep people playing.
Also Importantish. I don't play any game more then 500 hours with (with the exception of maybe 2 games, that got closer to 800 hours) Steamers I understand why have thousands of hours in the game, as it is sort of their job and a lot of time comes with it.
But for many of us, it is not realistic to think we are going to put thousands of hours into a game (that is for a very dedicated small % of players) yet it feels like if you want to experience a variety of perks/add-ons, the game expects many hundreds of hour. I'm approaching Hour 300, and I'm getting close the killer vareity of unlocks I want.
I'll probably spend another 40 hours focusing on 1 killer trying to get their variety of skills. This means I'm near the end of my run with this game and will only experience the freedom of options for a very short time. Of course, this means the developers could look at my account and say "see, this player unlocked most of perks and left" - We need more grind, and not realize, I am done after 500 or so hours, because there are SOO many good games to play I refuse to play 1 long term like that.
It is just a shame, the grind blocks so many from enjoying the freedom of perk options and selection.
Comments
Your mindset surrounding DBD is odd. It’s a PvP multiplayer game not something like an RPG with a set amount of playtime in its campaign.
Idk why you think you only have 40 hours left before you feel like you “completed” it and have to quit. The game generally gets better the more options you have for builds
I agree the game is better with more options. I also play a lot of online PVP style games. Majority of them don't unlock options behind the grind. They make a good game and trust people will play it.
I'm simply saying I would not play this game less if there was no grind. I would get the freedom and fun of trying different options. That seems like a win/win
"I'll probably spend another 40 hours focusing on 1 killer trying to get their variety of skills. This means I'm near the end of my run with this game and will only experience the freedom of options for a very short time."
Uh.
Hmm.
How do I tackle this? DBD isn't a game you can really say "After 40 more hours I'm going to be done because I've gotten everything unlocked". Its just... I've never seen a take like this before and its weird for a living game like DbD.
Hard to believe you play a lot of online games if this is your thoughts on it.
You read that out of context.(or I probably wrote it poorly) I said I put in around 500 hours to game I enjoy (which is a lot of tmie). I was trying to imply I spending a majority of that time just grinding/unlocking abilities, by the time I finally unlock all the skills and because it takes so long, I'll probably be ready to move on. What other online game makes you play so long to unlock basic abilities?
I should have used less words in my first post, but basically, the grind is not needed. A good game should stand on its own. We should be able to play whatever time we dedicate to the game with the freedom to pick and choose abilities.